9. all my homie knows is panicking (';︵;')

⚠️ art credits : @/ichi_bachi on twitter ⚠️

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

You had picked up the call instinctively but you froze in your own skin when you saw aCE bOy 😠 was the one who called you, that too, when you were in middle of your feels- uh- hyperventilation. And now your brain was flooding in with nothing but questions.

Why would Sakusa call me? And why would I pick up when I am in no condition to talk? What am I even supposed to say now? What happened indeed? Should I end the call? Would that be too rude? Does it even matter? Should I just throw the phone in the river and walk back home like nothing happened? What kind of thought was that now?

You felt your throat constrict as panic surged in. Your heart started beating faster and faster and your already numb body started trembling terribly. Your mouth went dry and you felt a strange pang in your chest. You started choking on nothing but oxygen as tears rolled down mercilessly. You felt like you were going to die then and there.

"Hey... are you alright? Was this a bad time to call? Wait, are you choking‽ Hey relax, relax. Try taking long breaths and stop thinking about everything at once. Close your eyes and just breathe. Come on, now inhale slowly, loosen up your body, and exhale. Repeat this until your breathing steadies." He commanded you with a soft tinge in his voice.

Fortunately, it did work. You had never heard his voice, though you had the idea that it would be rough and haughty. But it was actually husky and surprisingly calm and smooth. Quite easy to follow, in fact.

You hastily took back the control over your body, although you still felt numb and had painful sensations at random places in your body. And you were still crying and shaking. Only your breathing normalised.

"I-" You wanted to say something but your voice didn't comply. You choked again. "Oi, don't start talking just yet." He said or more like he ordered. You had no choice but to oblige since he was right anyways. You took a few more moments to calm yourself down.

"Nothing happened right now." You finally said, without stuttering or choking. You were proud of yourself for that. "Yeah, panic attack who?" He replied. Now you just felt embarrassed beyond repair. This had to be the most mortifying moment of your life. You just scrunched up your nose not knowing what to say to that.

"Why did you call anyways?" You lightly asked after a few seconds. "Since you saw the text but didn't reply, I thought some bear came and ate you whole." He said nonchalantly.

"Or I could have just been ignoring you, you know." You snapped. "Yeah. And I wanted to know why." He replied in a serious tone. Your heartbeat quickened at the thought of having to explain the reason to him which you didn't understand yourself in the first place.

"But I don't really think it's my place to ask. So don't worry I'll spare you the interrogation. On one condition, that is." He continued. "What condition?" You asked timidly. "You are walking back to your home, now." He flatly stated.

"No am not." A pout surfaced on your face. "Yes you are. And you will stay on the line the whole way back." He said in an authoritative voice.

"Like hell am doing that. Why do you even care?" You instantly regretted your choices of words as soon as you said it. But there was no going back now. "Well, you see, if you were to pass out cold then and there, and if someone were to kidnap you, they'll see my number in the recents of your phone. What if they called me for ransom? I am not up for that kind of adventure. So just do it. Or perhaps... I should call Tsumu to pick you up." He said and you could feel the smirk he must be having at the moment.

Not in your wildest dreams were you expecting such an answer. You could not even imagine how you would react if Atsumu and Osamu were to know about this. You knew all too well that Sakusa wouldn't hesitate doing what he said. "Hmph! Whatever." It was all you managed to say before you got up and started walking. Your house was only around 10 minutes away.

"Did you eat something?" He asked. You wondered why he was being so worried about you today. You didn't like worrying anyone, so you replied, "Yes." You heard a sigh from the other side. "Why am I even asking? Of course you'd lie." You felt a bit bad but also somewhat relieved when he didn't force you to eat.

"How much time does it take to reach your home?" He asked after a while. "It'll take less than a minute now and you'll be relieved of this duty or whatever that you are doing." You replied as you saw your house come into your view. "It wasn't a duty. I am accountable to no one for this. It was just fun." He said after a pause.

You sighed and opened the door of your house. "Yeah I am in my house now. You can end the call." You said, after closing the door from inside. "Did you really go to your home or broke into someone else's?" He asked with fake seriousness. "The one which requires more will power." You replied as you went inside your room.

"Ohh... you are scared to be alone in your home, eh?" He asked. "Naah. I just don't like my house." You replied, falling on your bed.

"And why is that?" He questioned like he actually wanted to know. "I don't have any happy memories that I made in this house." Your voice was on the edge of breaking down.

He didn't reply for a minute. In the meantime, your tiredness took over you as you felt your eyes shutting down on their own. Before you knew it, you fell asleep, with your phone somewhat next to your face.

Sakusa realized it on time and didn't say anything anymore. He quietly let out the breath he was holding in. He was a lot more worried and disturbed about hearing your choked breaths when you had picked up his call then he let on.

He was undesirably reminded of how his cousin sister would be going through something similar whenever he called her during the days she was in university. He had instructed you today completely on instincts, like he did for his sister.

The ace was lost in thoughts and then he realized the call was ongoing still. But as he was about to hang up, he paused midway after he heard sobbing noises coming from your side.

Did she wake up? And is she... crying?

He waited for a moment to listen to any other movements that would prove your awakening, but found none.

She is crying... in her sleep? Unconsciously?

Sakusa just couldn't bring his fingers to the hang up icon afterwards. He lied down on his bed and kept his phone next to him, staring at the ceiling and hearing you sobbing softly in sleep. It wasn't long when he fell asleep as well.

But only to wake up after a while to a voice calling out to someone. He jerked himself up in one sudden moment. He realized the sound was coming from his phone. Putting the phone next to his ear, he heard your voice. "M-mom, why a-are you not waking up‽ Mom don't leave me!! Please! Please... please..."

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

══════*.·✾·.✧ ✦ ✧.·✾·.*══════ 
Author's Note~

early update because why not hehe B^)

this chapter was supposed to be a lil bit of sad and panicky?? wonder if it even came
off as one ╮(╯_╰)╭

also don't forget to drink lots of water :3

or the ghosts will haunt you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
══════*.·✾·.✧ ✦ ✧.·✾·.*══════