23. mayhaps requiem (ง ื▿ ื)ว

⚠️ art credits : @/mcgooen on twitter ⚠️

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

A few days later, you decided to call your cousin who lived with your grandpa, in order to talk to your grandma. He picked up right away and after talking to him a little, you told him to give the phone to your grandparents on speaker. He did.

"Hello Y/n-chan! Everything alright?" Your grandpa asked. "Yeah everything's fine. How about you two?" You asked. "We are fine too." Your grandma replied.

"That's good to hear. I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What is it, dear?"

"I was thinking that you should maybe postpone your return till mid September or something."

"Oh my, that's so late! But why would you want me to do so?"

"Actually, during our summer vacation, I have to go to a training camp at Shinzen High for 10 days along with our volleyball team. And afterwards, the twins, Suna and I were thinking that we can plan a trip for ourselves in the Saitama prefecture for a few days. So I don't want you to return here now just to be alone for so many days when I am gone."

"It's alright honey. I wouldn't mind. And I'd like to welcome you when you come back from the trip."

"I know you wouldn't mind. But I would. You have been doing more than enough for me already grandma. You should look after yourself a bit more."

"I do what I like to do. And I'll keep doing it. You don't have to feel like that Y/n-chan."

"Grandam seriously, I feel a lot better than I used to. I finally opened up to my friends. I think I can manage on my own now. I'd even like you to permanently move there sometime soon, the place you actually belong to, which you left for me. You really don't have to worry about me anymore."

"My my. You really are coming out of your shell after so long, aren't you? It's relieving to hear your voice with such confidence in it. I'll not move out so soon though. Let me stay with you for some more time."

"Grandma you really should not travel so much. Once I am back from the trip, I'll come and visit you along with all of your belongings, okay? That way I'll meet grandpa too."

"You wouldn't let me have my way, would you?"

"I think you know that better than most."

"Fine honey. I wish happiness for you and nothing else. Take care of yourself for me. And we'll meet soon, alright?"

"I will grandma. You and grandpa should take care too. Bye."

"Bye dear."

You sighed as the call ended. You really didn't want to put your grandma through your misery anymore, she has done enough.

You lied down on your bed with your face on your pillow and your phone next to you. Today was a tiring day. You fell asleep in a matter of minutes.

And that's when you heard your phone ring. You knew it could be only one of those 3 dorks, so you picked up with your face still on your pillow.

"Oh I didn't think you'll pick up." Came the voice from your phone which definitely didn't belong to those three. You sat up so suddenly that you almost fell from your bed. It took you a minute to calm yourself down.

"It was you? God, why is it always you whenever I instinctively pick up my phone thinking it must be someone else." You slightly groaned when you realized that the one who called you was actually aCE bOy 😠.