27. why is gravity a thing? ಠ益ಠ

⚠️ art credits : @/Lee_ch_00 on twitter ⚠️

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

You definitely couldn't outrun Atsumu, not in a room at least. So you decided to bolt out of the restrictions of those four walls.

Surprisingly, as soon as you opened the door, you ran into another wall who had very human-like features with an intoxicating mint and eucalyptus fragrance. You immediately fell backwards.

In slow motion, you got the view of who you had bumped into. You didn't know him of course, but you still felt like you knew him.

The one standing at the door didn't even budge. He didn't even lose his balance. Then that guy did something he would never have thought of doing in his life. He instinctively extended his right hand towards your falling figure.

Your body responded to that action on its own and you grabbed his hand. As soon as your skin made contact with his, you felt an electric shock kind of wave run down through all of your body. He did too. And in that moment, you both realized who the other one was.

Both of you thought that you won't fall down now. This situation was a cliché movie scene in which the girl is always saved by the boy. But what you didn't know was that gravity doesn't work that way and nor does inertia. Movies and books differ from the sad reality of life, after all.

Your momentum was strong enough to pull your supposed to be saviour down as well. He was already mad at himself for giving you his hand, he was not going to fall on top of you at any cost now. More so because you'll probably die from that force.

He changed his position and moved sideways mid air. Typical spiker behaviour. Then he pulled his hand out of yours and put it behind your head as both of you fell. You on your back and he on his belly. You knew a concussion would have made its way to your brain if not for his hand.

All of this happened in a split second but both of you knew you would remember every detail for the rest of your life.

The guy had already prepared his body for the impact so he sat up as soon as he had fallen, slowly untangling his crushed hand from your hairs. You, whereas, had plans on staying on the floor till you breathed your last breath.

You rolled over in a fetus position hiding your face in your knees. Your back hurt more than Atlas's (ifykyk).

"You are Y/n, aren't you?" Sakusa asked, standing up with a frown. "No, I am a pile of embarrassment embodied into a human form." You whined with your face still hidden.

Everyone else was still frozen after witnessing you fall from your grace. Suna was the first to move. He crouched next to you.

"Are you hurt?" He asked, trying to roll you over to face him. "Yes my spinal fluid is leaking from my eyes." You said and snaked your way into Suna's embrace, burying your face in his man tiddi- chest. He lightly stroked your back. "That was one hell of a fall Y/n. At least you didn't break your already cracked head." Suna sighed.

You lightly punched his chest. Everyone else came out of their frozen state and gathered next to you. "I think I need to take a shower. The floor was disgustingly dirty." Sakusa mumbled and left after eyeing you and Suna.

"Ya okay Y/n?" Osamu asked. "Yer back must really hurt… I'll let ya keep my t-shirt." Atsumu sighed. "If you need an ice-pack or a spray, don't hesitate to ask." Kita said in a worried tone.

"I am okay. Just lemme sleep. I am done for today." You replied. "What about lunch?" Suna asked, trying to face you but you still had your face in his chest. "No. I wanna be skinnyyyy!" You replied. "Aight aight. No need to bring out your inner tiktok star. I know that reference." Suna sighed, totally done with you.

Everyone knew better than to argue with you now. Suna shooed them away to have lunch. He picked you up and set you down on a futon. "You go have lunch too Rin Rin." You murmured. "I am not hungry." He replied as he lied down next to you.

"Liar." You sighed as you slowly fell asleep. He watched you in silence and then fell asleep as well.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

You and Suna woke up just in time for dinner. Still feeling dizzy, you went to the cafeteria with Suna supporting your body weight. The Miya twins called you two over to where they were sitting along with Sakusa.

"You know, you should at least thank Sakusa or something. He did kind of save you there." Suna mumbled. You agreed because he was right anyways.

You two dragged yourself to the table and sat down. The dinner was still being arranged near the reception area. You decided to thank Sakusa and apologise as well. 

"Uh- I am sorry for running into you like that in the afternoon and thank you for not letting me crack my skull open." You sheepishly said looking at him.

It was then when you realised that his resting expression was just plain frowning. You hadn't seen his face yet but you could tell he had a perfect jawline that could cut his fangirls' heart in two. His two beauty marks stood out as one of the prettiest things on his face. They almost gave his stern look a soft edge. You also somehow found yourself captivated by his dark shiny eyes.

"It's alright. Just watch where you step from here on." Sakusa replied, breaking the trance you were in. You pouted at that. "Or you can be just strong enough from next time onwards to not fall yourself too." You said, with a straight face. "It was clearly your fault." He furrowed his brows.

"Yeah well forgive me for taking your hand out of your pocket and extending it towards myself." You shrugged. Atsumu tried holding his laughter but failed miserably. Sakusa just glared at you, thankful for his mask to hide his embarrassed face.

A short bell, signalling everyone to get their dinner, rung throughout the school. Sakusa was the first to go and get his meal and nobody was surprised. Everyone sat down with their food in a while.

After saying thanks for the food, everyone digged in. But before you could get a bite in your mouth, you saw Sakusa lower his mask under his chin. If you had any food in your mouth then, you sure as hell knew you would've choked on it painfully till you succumbed to Sakusa's fine face. You already knew that Sakusa must be good looking like literally every volleyball player out there, but-

God damn how is he so fucking pretty- He can easily bag them pageant events what the fuck? He is smart too, to keep his face covered most of the time. It's not healthy for others around him.

You sighed as you slowly ate your food trying to not look at Sakusa.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

══════*.·✾·.✧ ✦ ✧.·✾·.*══════ Author's Note~

oh my god it's been so fucking long since i
last updated ajdhajhdjahs forgive me
(ノಥ,_」ಥ)ノ彡┻━┻

the upcoming exams are currently killing
me but not softly with a song- i promise i haven't forgotten about this and i'll update again soon (´-﹏-';)

also y'all better better be taking care of
your seggsy selves or i'll not give you any cookies (っ˘з(˘⌣˘ )
══════*.·✾·.✧ ✦ ✧.·✾·.*══════