25. sakusa uses telepathyヽ(。◕o◕。)ノ

⚠️ art credits : @/mcgooen on twitter ⚠️

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

The vacation seemed to be flying by with you trying to complete your homework and assignments before the training camp. You had also slowly started sorting out your grandma's belongings separately. It made you happy, that you can finally let grandma feel free and not be a burden on her anymore.

It was the night of 10th of August. You had never felt this anxious before. Your mind hurt from thinking about how many people will be there for the camp.

So many schools… so many people… all intimidating… all good in what they do… what would I even do amongst such ambitious people… that's not even close to where I belong… I shouldn't even be going… fuck… I am actually scared… what would they think of me… duh… they would probably not even notice me… but I still don't wanna mess anything up… what if I ended up having a panic or anxiety attack over there… ughhhhh what do I do now… how do I sleep now… fuck… social anxiety disorders can suck my non-existent dick for all they are worth…

Thinking all that was certainly not helping you in any way. You were sweating and shaking like crazy just imagining what could happen there. That's when you heard your phone ring. It almost made you jump out of your bed. As you grabbed your phone you accidentally picked it up before even seeing who it was.

"I wonder why I suddenly felt like I should call you." Came the voice of the guy you should have expected already.

"Of fucking course it's you. I shouldn't even think who it was as soon as I accidentally picked up the call." You tried to sigh but what came out was only a few shaky breaths.

"Are you alright? What happened?" Sakusa asked, masking any worries.

"Yeah. Well, let's just say I was having a private moment with my anxiety." You tried to laugh it off.

"So when you said you weren't a fan of crowds, you meant you were actually scared of too many people?"

"You called me for what? Being amused at my wreck of a state?"

"No. I just had a sudden and intense urge to call you so I gave in to that feeling."

"How come you just always exactly call me when I am the most vulnerable? Riddle me that Mr. Sir."

"I would tell you if I knew that myself. I just get this apprehension about you. I can't really explain it."

"Damn. I wish I could somehow stop annoying you so much. It's really embarrassing."

"It doesn't really annoy me. But I do feel a lot better once I hear your voice and assure that you are okay."

"I- SIMP."

"You wish. I just do it when I feel generous. I could care less about your sorry ass."

"You basically just said that you liked to hear my voice."

"Yeah and what about it?"

"Nothing. It's just simp behaviour."

"It's not. Who could simp for someone just from their voice?"

"Are you serious or are you just trying to save your ass now? Ever heard about singers? Voice actors? Or faceless YouTubers who have a fanbase just because of their voices?"

"That's just because they do have godsent voices, unlike normal people."

"Well you didn't lie there."

"Learn to take a compliment for once without making it so complicated."

"WAIT- You were actually genuinely saying that!? I thought you were making fun of my dying hyena fused with a sheep who caught a cold sounding voice!"

"Remind me to never do it again."

"No please I am sorry!"

"Go and sleep. You have a train in the morning. Rest some bit you idiot."

"As if I could get any sleep today."

"Do you want to look like a sleep deprived ghost in front of so many people tomorrow?"

"If you think you can make me sleep out of my nervousness, you ain't slick Omi-san. That shit will just keep me up for longer."

"What kind of feeling makes you want to sleep then?"

"Something warm and fluffy maybe? I don't really have any recollection of something making me sleep peacefully so I don't know. Maybe someone telling me goodnight or… yeah just never mind that."

"…"

"I know what you are thinking. My daddy and mommy issues go a long way. Sorr-"

"It's not your fault, don't say sorry. And don't think about it. It's not worth your time. If you can't sleep, it's okay, just lie down and rest until you fall asleep inevitably. You'll sleep peacefully afterwards. Goodnight Y/n. I look forward to meeting you."

"M-me too. Goodnight O-omi-san."

You hung up the phone. Tears starting to fall at those simple words he said. It wasn't something you had heard for the first time. But the way those words resonated with his voice, the way he sounded strained himself, it made you happy and sad altogether, almost as if he knew that feeling.

And it did something you didn't expect to happen. You felt your stomach spreading a warm feeling throughout your chest. You smiled through tears and fell down on your bed to catch some sleep while that feeling lasted.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

You miraculously woke up at 5 am. Did all you had to do before leaving. Checked the luggage and tried calming down your increasing anxiety. Ate some snacks because who the hell would eat a proper breakfast so damn early.

Around 6:30, you saw Osamu drive up to your house with Atsumu and Suna inside the car. You waved at them from the window. You saw Suna get out and walk towards your door. You opened the door to a yawning Suna. He patted your head and went inside leaving you at the door confused.

"Where's your bag?" He asked from somewhere inside. That's when you realized why he had got out of the car. You rushed in.

"You know I can carry my own luggage, right?" You asked him, while picking up your bag. "I know that you can carry your own luggage. But you shouldn't have to." He replied, effortlessly taking your bag in his hands.

Once you went outside, Suna opened the back trunk of the car and put your bag along with theirs. Then he opened the car door for you to enter. He sat next to you in the back seat. The twins greeted you. You said hello to them.

Osamu started the engine and drove off towards the train station. Suna slept in your lap the whole way, almost hugging you, while you ran your fingers through his hair like usual. It was a quiet ride.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

══════*.·✾·.✧ ✦ ✧.·✾·.*══════ Author's Note~

this chapter doesn't really make any sense- but hopefully the next would cuz my exams will be over by tomorrow┌(・。・)┘♪

i hope all of you have a great day or night ahead (~‾▿‾)~
══════*.·✾·.✧ ✦ ✧.·✾·.*══════