19. pls don't cry rin rin (-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩___-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩)

⚠️ art credits : @/lickslacks on twitter ⚠️

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Once Suna made sure he was out of everyone's sight, he mindlessly entered an empty classroom. Locked the door from the inside, turned around, slipped over the door and just crouched, pulling his knees close to his face. He was beyond shocked when Atsumu told what had happened last year. He was shattered.

Suna could not believe he didn't know these events took place, even though he bragged how he could see right through you. He clutched his hands tighter, trying to stop the pain he felt in his heart, but in vain. He closed his eyes shut to hold back the tears, but his mind made him see an image of you smiling goofily instead.

Fuck. Just what did I get myself into? Why did I fell so damn hard, when I don't even know how broken and fragile she is. Or how I'd help pick herself back up. Huh. Who am I to even think I can be enough for her? What kind of an idiot are you Rintarō? Probably an incredibly hopeless, painfully head over heels in love kind of idiot.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

Both the teams assembled in the court once the clock struck 8. Suna walked in a bit later. His eyes and the eye bags were unmistakably red and puffed up. But no one dared question him anything. Although Miya twins knew the reason.

The practice match started. But it was more than evident that the spotlights of the match were too dull today. So much so, that it was affecting their game.

The people on both the teams knew the miya twins, Suna and Sakusa to be exceptional players. People who played volleyball, for the sake of volleyball. They have had dark moments in their lives too, like any normal person does from time to time, but none of them ever had this kind of impact on their game. What others didn't know was, all four of these gave their own feelings little to no value themselves.

Kita, Aran and Kairi added two and two quickly. They realized the minds of those three were somewhere else. And Komori noticed that the frown on Sakusa's face was deeper than usual. He looked as if he was torn between something. And indeed, he was.

Sakusa was seen as an emotionless or even a heartless person by many. Someone who scarcely interacted, but also someone who had no filters when he did. But today he felt all these tags erase off him. He felt things, sad things mostly, but he did. Sadness was not a new feeling for him though, but resonating to someone else's sadness? Empathy!? Brand new. Wanting to comfort someone, who is no less than a stranger? A new discovery.

He wasn't even sure why he felt that way. For starters, he barely knew you as a person. He didn't know your name until last week. Heck, he didn't even know how you looked. It left him more confused than ever. He tried dismissing this feeling, telling himself that it felt so only because his friends were affected by this too. Although he wasn't so sure about that excuse himself.

Even though Sakusa's spikes weren't as grand as always, Itachiyama still took the first set thanks to the low esteem of their opponents. Both the teams went to their benches for a drinks' break.

Kairi hurried to the three and gave them a bottle of glucose first. "Are you three fine? Is something wrong? Please tell me!" She crouched next to where they were seated on the floor. "I do hope everythin' is fine." Atsumu mumbled.

"I am sure everything doesn't include you three right now. Because you guys look anything but fine. What's the matter?" Aran joined the conversation. Before anyone could reply anything, the coach called the Miya twins over to him. They obliged after quickly exchanging a look.

If only the twins had looked down, coach Kurosu might have let it slide by. But even he knew how serious Suna was when it came to emotions. And he also saw that the opponent's ace was not doing his 100% either. He had seen the four hang out together many times in the past few days. It wasn't any Sherlock's mystery to understand that something was up.

"What's going on?" He asked the them without wasting any minute. The twins looked at each other with uncertainty. "Does it have something to do with someone or something back in Hyōgo?" The coach asked. The twins looked shocked for a second but nodded slowly.

Coach Kurosu might never have been directly involved in anything to do with you, but he had known your parents for a long time. 3 years ago, he had also heard about the tragic passing away of them. Now that he thought about it, it was around the same time.

He had seen how close you and the three 2nd years of his team were. He was doing it all on a hunch, but he felt like it was the right thing to do. "Do you want to return back earlier than it was scheduled?" He asked, reading every emotion that showed itself on the twins' faces.

When they processed what their coach had asked them, they looked not lifeless for the first time today. They nodded yet again.

"We were set to return at around midnight, but I'll talk to the bus driver regarding how early he can make it back here. Now you should just focus on the game and get freshen up later on." The coach said after thinking for a while. The twins' faces lit up like candles. "Th-thankyou, coach. We are very sorry for the inconvenience." Somehow both of them said the same thing together.

"I am not a dictator. I can understand that sometimes priorities can change. And anyway, one can never perform well if their minds, hearts or souls are somewhere else. Although I expect to see a slightly better performance now." The coach said and smiled softly at the twins.

Atsumu and Osamu were at a loss of words. But they bowed and ran off towards their team. As they returned, it seemed as if some life had been restored in their faces. They told the news about an early return to the team. No one really understood why it was happening, but seeing the trio looking somewhat relieved, everyone smiled and nodded.

Sakusa saw the change in expression of their opponents. He didn't know why it was so, but he relaxed himself a bit as well.

The game continued, but despite the improvement in Inarizaki's gameplay, Itachiyama took the second set as well after a deuce, thanks to Sakusa's godly destructive spikes.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

After showering, having lunch, packing up all their stuff and having a small nap, the bus which was supposed to take the Inarizaki team back to where it belonged, arrived around 4 pm.

The boys assembled out of the institute. Sakusa came to bid his best friend farewell. "Call me once you reach there. I don't know why but I want you to keep me updated about how your other manager is doing." Sakusa whispered near Atsumu's shoulder, so that only he may hear. Atsumu nodded. "Will do. Send your family our greetings. See ya." Atsumu jogged off waving.

The Inarizaki team set off to their return journey. Sakusa stood on the curb for a while looking at the bus zoom off. Somehow, he wasn't able to dismiss the unsettling feeling building up in his stomach. He heaved a sigh and started walking off to his own destination, with his mind still torn between thoughts of what you might be doing and why he was even thinking about you in the first place.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

══════*.·✾·.✧ ✦ ✧.·✾·.*══════
Author's Note~

this was the saddest this story will get, i promise everything will get better
once this part is done ('-﹏-';) or so i hope ehehehehe (◔‿◔)

and eat meals at least three times a
day or i'll come and feed you (ノ•̀ o •́ )ノ
══════*.·✾·.✧ ✦ ✧.·✾·.*══════