10

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: chapter ten ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Yoongi watched as the door swung closed and Jeonga left, clearly in a hurry to get out of there

Yoongi watched as the door swung closed and Jeonga left, clearly in a hurry to get out of there. He understood why - that co-worker of hers, Minhee or something - had texted her and told her that her lunch break was over, or that she was needed to go back to her floor.

Kang Jeonga appeared to be quite the talent. Makeup, styling and now apparently she could produce music as well. Quite the mixed bag. 

You wouldn't expect that of someone who was just an intern, and the Min boy realised that. What he didn't exactly understand though was why she was an intern. She could've easily gotten a higher position. 

And she was so nice, despite her being in a position that could lead to others looking down at her. After their first run in, Yoongi had taken it upon himself to finish in his studio rather late one night, and after doing so he had made his way down to the fifth floor.

He had asked for the intern supervisor, and instantly he was greeted by a rather fleeting, finicky-sounding woman, who had instantly assumed something was wrong. 

"Actually no." Yoongi had quickly said, and it was like the unwanted poltergeist had left the supervisor's body, the woman visibly relaxing and slipping into her chair. "But I would like to see their files."

The woman didn't refuse him as he he had expected her to, and had handed him the pile of greyish-blue files instantly. He had taken a little while to look through them to get to hers, but when he did, he found the most interesting thing.

"She's never worked anywhere?" He asked, and the supervisor looked confused. "Kang Jeonga? The new one who you sent with.. that girl - Minhee. You sent Kang Jeonga and Kim Minhee to our shoot one day with food." 

"She's our newest. And she's good at her job." The supervisor sat up. "Apparently TXT rather liked the two of them. I'll be sending Minhee and Jeonga with them again I reckon, they seem to get on rather well."

"But what did she work as before?" Yoongi repeated. "She doesn't have anything listed under that section."

"Well as far as we know she hasn't. Looked up her name and absolutely nothing except a café that seems to be owned by her parents." The supervisor replied. "Little to no social media either, just an Instagram profile with a couple thousand followers." 

And with that in mind, Yoongi had returned the file and left the BigHit building for the day. He hadn't thought much of it - perhaps she just wasn't working for a while, or hadn't found the right place.

But now the thought returned to his mind, and he found himself wondering about it once again. Jeonga had so many skills which she could easily work with. She could work with makeup absolutely anywhere, be hired to compose music and clearly could work in places that would require her to talk to others, she was charasmatic and easy to get along with. 

Reaching forward, Yoongi picked up the can for the iced coffee, taking a sip off the drink before leaning back, pressing play once more. 

What she had done with his track was seriously good. "Her brother taught her? If he was so good at this then why didn't his career take off?" He mumbled to himself, once again hearing a knock on his door. 

Pausing the track, he opened the door, surprised to find Namjoon stood there. "I thought you left when I came in?" He asked, moving out of the way so the leader could enter, the Kim boy sitting down on the spare chair. 

"I was called back in, but I came early. Hoseok mentioned he asked a girl to come and tell you not to overwork yourself?" Namjoon replied, and Yoongi frowned. 

"She must have forgotten to tell me that bit. But listen." The frown melted away as he sat back down, pulling his chair closer to the table and moving the section of the song to where it needed to be.

"You figured it out?" Namjoon sat up, peering over Yoongi's shoulder to look at the screen. "It's good - but not exactly your style."

"She did it. The girl - that intern who did my makeup that time." Yoongi said, and Namjoon stared in disbelief. "Her brother apparently taught her but-"

"Who's her brother, he must be good?" 

"His career never took off. But hers could. I offered her a producing job here but she denied. And she's never worked anywhere other than her parents' cafe. She's seriously talented, but hasn't done anything with it." He slumped back in his chair. 

"Her style is similar to someone else's.. but why if her brother taught her so well, then why are neither of them known for doing this. This sort of stuff would work out well if they got it out there." Namjoon was just as confused.

Yoongi let out a sigh, returning the track to the beginning. "I don't know, but I might get her to try." He said, pressing play and the two idols sat in silence, listening to it, both just as confused as the other.

Kang Jeonga was quite the mystery.

no one told me how lonely it is up here

[ 🪐 ]