15

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: chapter fifteen ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱🗒 :: chapter fifteen ┊͙╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"I can explain." The first words came out of her mouth were completely true, but the idea of it made her breath catch in her throat and a feeling sink into the pit of her stomach that ached awfully.

"You might want the music.. to stop first." Namjoon gestured towards the phone and the cord hanging from the earphones. "Then maybe you should explain."

It would have been a surprise to him as well - Yoongi wasn't the only producer and songwriter within BTS that Jeonga had worked with as ECHO. Right now, Namjoon was being faced with the person behind ECHO, the first person in the entire industry to do just that.

And whilst he was trying to process that discovery, Jeonga couldn't quite believe her own stupidity. Of course she shouldn't have listened to the stupid song, because now, just a couple of weeks into her internship that would help her with her discovery of the ins and outs of BigHit Entertainment, someone had discovered her.

It wasn't her supervisor, or Minhee or another staff member, it was one of the last people that Jeonga needed to know. A member of the biggest group in the world, who she had worked with on so many occasions hidden behind the mask.

"I.. er.. should probably start from the beginning." Jeonga twisted her hands together. "I think you've figured out that I am ECHO.. because who else could have that song except Yoongi, really."

"I thought it seemed similar when I first heard that part of the song you did. Your brother didn't teach you how to compose songs, did he?" Namjoon shook his head slightly, watching as confusion broke out on Jeonga's face. "You told Yoongi that you had learnt how to compose because your brother taught her, he mentioned it when showing me what you'd done."

"Right... I have." Jeonga nodded slowly, the conversation coming back to her now. "But he didn't, no. I taught myself everything and did everything myself, I've always done everything myself."

"That's impressive." Namjoon said, falling silent at the elevator stopped and the door opened, a woman walking in and bowing to the pair stood within. Pressing a button, the woman stood between them as the elevator returned to the ground floor as she got up, before the doors closed once again and the conversation launched back to what it had been.

"So why are you lying.. or pretending to be an intern at least?" Namjoon asked. ".. You can't actually be lying about anything, really, because nobody's asked."

"Right, nobody knows." Jeonga confirmed. "But I decided to become and intern because I decided that it wwas time for me to find an company to settle down with it. I've made money with my spontaneous contracts and work, but I think it would be a good idea to have a set place to produce for."

"And you chose BigHit?" Namjoon watched as Jeonga nodded. "I mean that makes sense, you're most well known for working with us and although I've never known you properly, I hope I can say that we've been somewhat friends for years."

"Despite the fact nobody has seen my face, yes." Jeonga offered a smile as the elevator stopped at their floor and they stepped out, standing opposite each other in the empty hallway. "And I would like to keep it that way. I chose to become an intern here so that I could learn more about the company and how it treats the employees. It's all good being a producer with a studio and respect when any other employee are treated like crap."

"Again, smart." Namjoon seemed genuinely impressed. "I'll keep your secret until you make up your mind. I promise."

"Thank you, I really appreciate that." Jeonga said. They began to walk down the corridor and towards the room in which it seemed to be busiest, filled with staff coming in and out. "Oh - and just before we pretend this conversation never happened, what did you think of the song?"

"It's really good. Both you and Yoongi have out-done yourselves, even if it means that you've worked until dawn. Which isn't good for you, really." He had seen it for far too long, and working until crazy hours in the morning was a common trope amongst people. Hell, he had done it himself.

"Huh, I thought I hid it pretty well." Jeonga smiled, shaking her head. "Thank you for keeping my secret, Namjoon. I owe you, really."

"Help me write a song and no more debts will be owed." Namjoon offered instantly, watching Jeonga turn back and nod her agreement.

"Email me.. no, email ECHO and that will all be sorted out." Jeonga smiled as she disappeared into the room, fireworks of relief bursting in her stomach as she let out a deep breath. She had gotten away with it, Namjoon was the best person she could think of to be the first to find out.

He wouldn't tell anyone, she was sure of it.

no one told me how lonely it is up here

[ 🪐 ]