01

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: chapter one ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Kang Jeonga was just a name to most people

Kang Jeonga was just a name to most people. In reality, it was the true name of one of the most famous producers in K-Pop, the name behind a mystery that was yet to be solved.

And she liked it that way. Jeonga wasn't aiming to become famous because of her looks, but rather for her music. But after years of working with various companies and producing her own music, Jeonga was looking for a bit more of a stable job.

Over the years, she had recieved many offers from certain companies which gave her the chance to be paid extremely well if she produced under them for their groups.

And up until then, she wasn't really looking to do that. But as the years kept going, she wondered exactly what it would be like to be under one of those companies.

Although she had worked with SM and other companies before and many times, there was one which she was specifically interested in - BigHit.

She was well known for working with BTS, her being credited in their songs was what really put her out there. Other artists she had worked with had also done this, but her name was somewhere in so many of their songs that it seemed ridiculous for her to not to consider the job offer she had there.

Which explained exactly why she was stood in front of the BigHit building, staring down at the email on her phone, reading through it once more as she waited for the time to tick forward just a few more minutes.

Her interview was at ten, and she had been up since five, setting up a phone that she could use during her time there. It was probably for the best - her own phone had too much of a connection to ECHO.

She had told her friends and family that she was due for an upgrade, and so, with no questions asked, Jeonga now had a phone that had no way of being traced to ECHO. Not a single file, email, image or message.

To Kang Jeonga, ECHO was simply someone who had produced various songs for artists over the years. There was no links, nothing between them.

Which was, of course, perfect.

And as the time turned to ten-to, Jeonga made her way inside the building, her short heels clicking on the floor of the foyer as she stood in front of reception, waiting patiently for the person sat there to finish on the phone.

"Good morning." The receptionist finally said, placing down the phone, having written a few sentences down on a pad. "How may I help you?"

"I'm here for an interview. At ten o'clock." Jeonga explained, then said her name and any other information they may have needed.

"Of course, just follow me please." The receptionist led Jeonga down a hallway, leading her to a seperate waiting room, and alerting the person Jeonga was there to see that she had arrived.

It was only a short wait, and soon she was sat in the office of a man, answering any questions he asked. It wasn't hard for her to come up with answers on the spot, and soon enough, she had a whole story.

Jeonga left, after around half an hour of the interview. And she was pretty certain she had gotten it. The person interviewing her had seemed pleased with all of her answers, and everything on her application.

Returning home, she continued to work on some lyrics for a few songs that she had been asked to do, and was cooking dinner when she recieved the very email she had been waiting for.

It was from the same person who had interviewed her, and in the very first paragraph, it told her she had gotten the job. It continued to detail her position, which seemed to be a mixture of things.

Jeonga was now required to go with BTS or TXT, whoever she was assigned to for that period of time, and write up reports, take photos, videos and anything else that she was asked to do. If they wanted food, she would help them get it, she would help out.

And Jeonga was perfectly happy with that - in fact it was exactly what she was looking for. A low-down position in the company which could let her get to know it before she accepted the job.

It wouldn't work her just accepting the job as producer, because she knew, if she accepted it just like that, something that was a respected and high-up position, she wouldn't really get to know it. She would just see how she was treated.

So by taking this position, it gave her the opportunity to see how the company really was, and whether or not the way it appeared to outsiders was real or not.

And Jeonga was hoping it was.

no one told me how lonely it is up here

[ 🪐 ]