11

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: chapter eleven ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

When Jeonga returned to her floor, she was lucky to find that her supervisor wasn't at all mad at her

When Jeonga returned to her floor, she was lucky to find that her supervisor wasn't at all mad at her. It seemed that Minhee had covered for her, and just was told to get on with her work.

A little later in the day and all those in the same position of her were called to a boardroom, where they were grouped up and assigned various jobs for the next few days. Luckily, Minhee and Jeonga were together again, and much to their surprise, their supervisor let them know that the TXT members had liked the pair of them, and would most likely send them with the group several more times.

"Ah - Kang Jeonga, before you all go." The supervisor said, just as the interns were filing out of the boardroom. "It'll just take a moment." She reassured her, and Jeonga hung back.

"I just wanted to let you know that the head stylist from your first assignment thanks you, and thought you did really well." She told her, Jeonga nodding and practically hanging on to every word of compliment. "You worked with Min Yoongi right?"

"Yes, I did his makeup that day." Jeonga confirmed with a nod of her head, light brown hair falling into her eyes for just a moment, the Kang girl brushing them away.

"Well, it seems that Mr Min was rather interested about your makeup skills as well." The supervisor looked rather impressed. "Came by asking where you'd worked before - seemed really surprised when he found out it was only a cafe."

Jeonga had to stop her jaw from hitting the floor, collecting herself and just nodding, smiling. "It seems quite a few people are surprised by that, ma'am."

"So it seems. You're a woman of many talents, and I think you're doing very well for your first couple of weeks here." The woman complimented her. "Now, chop chop, of you go."

"Thank you!" With a smile on her face, Jeong returned to her desk, relaying all the information to Minhee, who had squealed several times, saying various things very quickly before running off back to her desk as their supervisor left the boardroom.

The smile didn't fade for the rest of the day, and when Jeonga finally left the building, a warm breeze hit her face. Deciding that it was too nice of an evening to waste on public transport, Jeonga began to walk home.

She ended up getting takeway food on her way from a convenience store, replacing the drink she had given Yoongi, it joining the plastic bag of food from lunch that swung her hand.

And when she finally arrived home, it was getting dark. Pulling her curtains across her window, Jeonga abandoned the book she was trying to read, and made her way into her studio, a dark room that seemed to stick out from the rest of her apartment.

Turning on the systems, various computer screens flashing before her. She had changed out of the much more business-like clothes and into a much more comfortable outfit, settling down in the chair in front of the screens, much like she had done hours before.

"Ah.." She sighed, resting her elbows on the sides of the chair, placing her forehead in her hands. Her foot pushed on the leg of her desk, spinning her around just slightly. There was a good chance that she could have messed up everything that day.

Jeonga knew it was most likely a bad idea to have helped Yoongi. "'It does remind me of someone else though'." She quoted the idol, sitting up in her chair. "It reminded him of ECHO - of me." The girl whined.

And Yoongi was asking about her, which was an utterly terrifying thought. And telling her that she should get hired as a producer. If only he knew - she thought with a bitter laugh, finally kicking herself into action and checking various things.

But first, as always, came her emails. And right at the top of her inbox, was one from Yoongi. Brushing over it, it just detailed that he had managed to get it done by himself, followed by the finished demo.

Jeonga listened to it all over again, admiring how own handiwork before quickly typing out a reply of how it sounded good, and the part that she had been asked to help with sounded good.

And with that done, she began to look through other emails. Some were just general stuff, and others offers from more Entertainment companies. There were a few from JYP, SM and others about producing things, and Jeonga began to type up replies to them, either agreeing to some of letting them down.

By the time she had written back to SM, accepting their offer to produce for practically the entire upcoming NCT2020 project, a second email from Yoongi came in.

It was asking her for some backing vocals, that were to be done through a call at some point. With a day off the very next, Jeonga agreed.

And just hoped it wouldn't be trouble.

no one told me how lonely it is up here

[ 🪐 ]