19

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: chapter nineteen ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱🗒 :: chapter nineteen ┊͙╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Yoongi wasn't a suspicious person. He could be, but when someone came along who seemed to actually be nice, he knew whether they were genuine or not in seconds. In Jeonga's case, the first time that she had ever appeared as working for BigHit was bringing them a food delivery, and other than looking a little skittish - all workers did the first time they came into contact with them - she was incredibly easy-going and as it would soon be found out, they got on very well.

He had easily been able to figure out that  she was a nice person simply by watching as she delivered the food, sat in the corner with her new friend talking about a musical artist - one that he knew as well - before putting herself forward to stand in for a makeup artist so that the rest of the photoshoot could go by without a hitch.

Yoongi had seen interns come and go for as long as he could remember, but seeing as they got paid the absolutely minimum wage none of them ever bothered to put in any more than the minimum effort.

Jeonga, on the other hand, had instantly put herself forward, and then they had a wonderful conversation. Then, Yoongi had found her helping out a delivery boy for absolutely no reason except from actually wanting to help out.

And her doing that had lead to Yoongi making an amazing discovery: she could produce songs just as good as any other producer working in the company, with a similar style to one of the most famed producers in the world (which of course, was mostly for her talent that had surfaced in both the K-Pop industry and western industry, and only partially for the fact absolutely nobody knew who she was).

If only he could convince her to work with them. Her talents were being completely wasted by just being an intern, and when the internship was over it would no doubtly be followed up by some boring office job that didn't pay so much more than she was already being paid.

But, in all honesty, Yoongi had a small plan forming, one that he had come up with after the night of working with his favourite producer - of course ECHO was his favourite, she was so talented, kept to herself and put up with absolutely no rubbish from anyone. Because he had remembered that she was one of Jeonga's favourite artists was similar to his own.

And now, she had just asked the perfect question, looking across at him with her chopsticks in hand, the grill between them filled with sizzling meat. Yoongi reached forward as he got a piece, before sitting back up.

"Actually, I was working with ECHO." He revealed, watching as Jeonga's eyes widened a bit. Her interest in the artist was only adding to how much Yoongi liked her.

"Really? All night?" Jeonga blinked as she ate some of her rice. "That's amazing. How are you not exhausted?"

"I've done it more times than I can count. With her.. we tend to forget about the time and just get lost in the work." Yoongi was smiling as he spoke, and the girl across from him watched with a certain look in her eyes. "It's something else, sorting out a time when you can devote yourself solely to one thing that you enjoy more than anything else in the world."

"And that's what producing and music is for you?" Jeonga raised an eyebrow. "And is this part of your promise to convince me to try producing with the company?"

Yoongi remained silent for a moment. "Quite possibly." He admitted. "I just think your talent is a little wasted. I've always wondered.. why did you apply for intern when you have all these other skills, like makeup artist or producer."

"I don't have any experience." Jeonga replied nonchalantly, reaching for the green bottle of soju on the side of the table. "I've always wanted to work in the entertainment industry, but I never got around to it. And because I don't have experience, I could only get a few positions. I thought BigHit would be the best place to start, so I could properly get into the busyness of it."

"And you don't want me to talk to the higher-ups about getting you at the very least an interview for producer?" Yoongi was leaning forward, looking acrross at her with a glint in his eye. "I'm being serious, I think you could easily get it."

"I haven't even made my own song yet. I've just done a bit of work for my brother.. and.. well - you." Jeonga shrugged. "I would just look silly."

Yoongi paused. He was thinking it through in his mind, figuring it out bit by bit. He had the time. He smiled, looking up at her with more confidence in his eyes before.

"What?" Jeonga looked just the slightest bit nervous. "What are you thinking about?"

"I'll help you."

no one told me how lonely it is up here

[ 🪐 ]