05

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: chapter five ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Since that day, Jeonga had found that most of her tasks consisted of her writing posts, reading through legal documents and even drawing them up herself

Since that day, Jeonga had found that most of her tasks consisted of her writing posts, reading through legal documents and even drawing them up herself. Most of the time it was office work - which is exactly what she was wanting when she applied for a job at BigHit.

Like she had thought so many times before, Jeonga wanted to experience what it would be like as a lower member of staff. And so far it was pretty good.

She had heard horror stories of the lower workers being treated like garbage, overworked, underpaid by far too much to say they were at extremely big companies. That was what she was afraid of when it came to things like this - she would be treated like practically royalty, which lower members of staff would suffer.

But after a couple of weeks of being an intern, Jeonga figured that they treated their interns pretty good. However, the contract she signed gave her a period of three months where she had to remain working there - a trial period, where she would be watched and decided if she should be kept on or not.

Which gave her plenty of time to figure out if BigHit was the company she actually wanted to work for, or if she needed to start the process again with a completely different company.

In the email sent by BigHit, which was offering her a position as composer, writer and producer, said that whilst her main job would be working for them there and producing for their artists and the various subsidiaries, she was still availble as a producer for other companies she had worked with in the past.

Which was why she was currently working on something for NCT - a few bsides, that she needed to write and produce over the next week. She was sat in her office room, which was rather big at this point, staring at the multiple computer screens, a soft beat playing from some of the speakers.

Tapping her fingers on the desk top, mimicking the sound that played, Jeonga wrote down a few words and then a line, staring down and singing it softly to herself.

The sound of a system bleep caused her to look up, putting down her pen as she flicked through open tabs, landing on the email tab. "Oh." The soft sound of surprise left her lips somewhat voluntarily as she read the new notification.

It was Yoongi, and despite Jeonga having worked with him for a while, now that she had met him in real life (not that he knew, but still) - and done his makeup and eaten lunch with him, she was sort of taken aback by it.

Clicking on it, she read it aloud to herself. "Hello. This isn't directly related to anything to do with music, however it sort of is. There are rumours going around that you have stopped producing for a while? If so, then it's fine, but if not, could you let me know?"

Jeonga had announced through social media that she would be taking a break - whether that was a full break or not, she wasn't sure. But, ECHO, as a producer, writer and composer, was certainly decreasing the workload she took that year.

However, seeing as she was considering working with BigHit full time, there was no way that she would want to not continue working with them whilst she interned there.

Yoongi was someone who Jeonga considered the person she had worked with the most. Whether it was writing, composing or producing together - she trusted him with her work more than anyone else.

The beat still playing in the background, her foot tapping along rather than her fingers, Jeonga typed out a reply. "I will be producing music... not as much.." She said as she typed, falling silent for a few moments, before staring at what she had written, before pressing send.

Within the email, she had reassured Yoongi that she wasn't fully stopping producing music, but just lessening the amount she produced, because ever since she had started, the years just kept getting busier and busier.

Getting back to work on the NCT track, Jeonga was soon immersed in music, and didn't even notice the time fly by, or the notification she got from another email. A second email notification did jolt her out of her somewhat trance, and pausing what she had for the bside, Jeonga turned back to her emails.

Ignoring one from a JYPE producer, she clicked on one the one from Yoongi. She had worked with him before, plenty of times in fact, on his first mixtape, throughout almost the entirety of BTS's discography.

Which had obviously paid off in some form, because Yoongi was asking for her help on his mixtape. Once again, she would featured, and would help him compose and write.

As she typed out an email accepting, Jeonga couldn't help but wonder if her working at BigHit would provide some sort of trouble with helping him on this mixtape.

But before she had time to properly think about it and possibly freak herself out over the many things which could go wrong, she had agreed.

Jeonga would be working on D-2, and it was final.

no one told me how lonely it is up here

[ 🪐 ]