17

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: chapter seventeen ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Jeonga took perhaps a little longer in the bathroom than she should have done, working herself from a panic into a calm

Jeonga took perhaps a little longer in the bathroom than she should have done, working herself from a panic into a calm. That's what she needed now. She had been called there to work, not freak out in the bathroom.

She could freak out when she finally arrived home. Perhaps she could even call Mrs Kim and claim that she wasn't feeling well and just take another day off to be able to take in, comprehend and really react to the occurences in the elevator.

Maybe she could distract herself with working on one of the projects she still had on the go from SM or JYP - maybe she had been sent numerous emails about potential work as ECHO and just ignored them in face of a sudden mishap.

Or she could order takeout pizza and that oreo shaved ice dessert from the nearby shop and curl up on the couch and wallow in the sudden despair that she felt. It was like she was reacting to a breakup - which she almost was.

Her privacy had been her one true love and now that had been ruined by a careless mistake.

But, she couldn't dwell on that right there and then. She had a job to do.

"Sorry - I wasn't feeling too well this morning." Jeonga muttered as she returned to the chair, offering a smile at Minhee as she took over once again. "Nasty headache."

"Are you sure you should be working?" Yoongi was being as nice as ever to her, looking rather concerned. He met her eyes, and Jeonga realised with a start that it looked like she had been crying; she tore her eyes away from the idol and into the large mirror in front of them, hurriedly wiping her eyes.

"I'm fine." She swallowed, forcing a smile. "Really - I'm just terrible with taking pills, especially these ones my doctor gave me."

"I'm the same." Yoongi offered her a tissue, moving his gaze away from the girl as she dabbed at her eyes. "I have to take the chewy vitamins instead of the pills." He smiled to see her laughing, reaching to pick up a makeup brush.

"I used to take them all the time as a kid. I think I had the ones that tasted like peaches." Jeonga ducked down a little bit, hand extracting. "You don't mind, do you?" Her fingertips brushed against his chin and he shrugged, letting his muscles loosen and move pliantly as she tilted his head towards him, gently dusting eyeshadow onto his eyelid.

"I had the strawberry ones sometimes." Yoongi didn't want to add the damper to the conversation that would come with the information of whether that 'sometimes' depended on how much money they had and if they could afford to help him with those struggles that most certainly weren't prominent in his life.