21

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: chapter twenty one ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱🗒 :: chapter twenty one ┊͙╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

There was something severely wrong with her.

Jeonga couldn't comprehend how she had ever thought this was a good idea. It was crazy - she was crazy - how was she supposed to keep her identity secret when she had agreed to work with him when he had already noticed how similar her style was to ECHO's? How was she supposed to work with him as ECHO when she was spending days with him as a entertainment company intern whilst he was one of the biggest idols in the world.

She didn't know how she was supposed to balance it all, how she was supposed to keep her alternate producer identity a secret. For starters she would have to dumb herself down; there was no way she would be able to know everything to make a good song. There needed to be things that he could teacher her. That was a good start. Every so often she would ask how to do something, the specifics. And she would have to try her hardest.

During the sessions where she tried her very best to act as though she hadn't produced hundreds of songs before that, Jeonga would have the ability to work alongside Yoongi.. again. It was strange. She was getting two chances to work alongside one of the greatest producers in their industry. Two. She couldn't believe she was so lucky.

And not to mention the fact that there seemed to be some sort of friendship brewing between them. Before she had met him in person, before - when she was only known to him as ECHO and had hours-long calls when they got lost in their music - they hadn't really known each other. They had known the basics.. well other than all the public information that was out there about him, but that was all they needed to know.

Now she was getting to know him, and she felt bad. But there was no way that she could tell him about her true identity - that would just mess the entire plan up. But she felt awful about lying to him and him becoming invested in this. However... there was nothing she could do about it now.

If she got too involved, she would either take the plunge and inform him that she was ECHO and potentially never work with him again, or she would make the executive decision to not work at BigHit, as much as she might want to. Or.. she could get the best of both worlds and keep her identity private at BigHit.

And then there was the kiss. It was nothing big, or monumental and only on the cheek. But she knew that for them - if there was even a potential of there being a 'them' - that was another step in a certain direction. A certain right direction, if Jeonga was thinking about it in regards to her thoughts and emotions. Because there was no doubt about it - they got on well. Better than well, they got on great.

From the moment they met in real life, Yoongi had enjoyed her company and the complete lack of care she had around him as an idol. That wasn't to say she was completely remiss of his presence and still held a lot of respect for him.. but she didn't tiptoe around him like so many did. She spoke to him like a human being, and helped delivery men and learnt how to produce a song from her brother, but didn't persue it until she became an intern at BigHit.

For Jeonga, meeting him in real life had meant she realised he was actually a person. In a way, despite his fame and presence behind the webcam used for every video call, she hadn't actually felt like he was real. But now that she did, and now that she was getting to know him whilst stepping in for makeup artists and delivery guys and amazing him by finishing a part of a track that he hadn't quite been able to figure out. She was getting to know him by going drinking with him, by going and eating at a barbecue place with him, planning on getting through her paperwork quicker than she needed to so she could evade her work hours and go and start to produce a song with him, and kiss him on the cheek as he offered to buy her medicine after walking her home and wishing her goodnight.

She was so incredibly grateful for the opportunity he had given her. But she couldn't quite believe just how stupid she had been.

 But she couldn't quite believe just how stupid she had been

no one told me how lonely it is up here

[ 🪐 ]