o n e

an angelic guy stood before you, towering over you small figure, "hello!"

he seemed bright...

the kid sat beside you, holding your tiny hands and warming them in his pockets. his white, snow-like hair brushed against his cheek, as he looked at your face properly.

"you cried?" you nodded, kids can't lie, after all. as he smiled at you, you broke into tears, crystal-clear tears streaming down your cheeks.

"everything's alright, i'll be here to listen." the kid spoke once again with a calmer voice, holding your hands a little tighter.

"my mom got mad at me." the dry voice of yours became noticeable to the snow-haired kid as he held out a bottle of water for you to drink.

"what's your mother's name?" he asked while wiping your tear-stained cheeks with his tiny hands.

"e-eunsoo..." you felt like you had betrayed your mother when you told a stranger your mother's name, but that didn't bother you for now. the feeling of sadness was what's dominating over your mind.

"that isn't a japanese name, right?" he spoke, poking his chin with his left index finger, "ah! you're half japanese?"

"yes," he nodded as you spoke, "my father is japanese and my mother is korean."

"where is your father, then?" you felt like he was interrogating you for a crime, but you didn't care. his words were comforting you anyway. at least you knew that he was listening.

"mom told he's at heaven, at least my biological father is. i don't know when he'll come back," due to curiosity, you stared at him, staring at his aquamarine eyes.

he frowned, and held your cheeks dearly, "your father is dead..."

the phrase made you sob louder, your eyes almost gluing shut because of the tears freezing in your eyes.

"stop crying, please. my mom always told me to not let girls cry." he wiped your eyelids and eyelashes with his sleeves. "you're pretty when you cry but it makes me sad too."

"what...what's your name?" you finally asked him after stopping your tears from flowing. you held out your tiny hands and held his face.

"i'm kourai!" his green eyes stared at yours, "what about you?"

"i'm y/n..."