f i v e

kourai felt grateful to his brother for telling him to buy milk, for while at the convenience store, he happened to meet you. you were clad in a blue sweater and a checkered skirt, all alone. 

or so he thought.

a white and grey haired male was with you, his brown eyes reading every face product you bought, probably making a comment about them.

"oh come on, shin-chan!" your voice echoed around the store, earning the stares of other people.

"i'm sorry." kourai watched as you and the male bowed down, a giggle escaping your lips as your heads rise.

he watched as you pulled 'shin-chan' away after paying for the goods you bought. he watched as you forget about him, a sad memory from before playing over and over again in his head.

it was impossible.

"so, how was shopping with kita-san?" suna asked you as the both of you entered the gym where the boys were practicing.

"well," you started off, "i accidentally shouted..."

kita patted your back and pulled an 'okay' sign with his hand, running to his teammates while throwing his jacket on the way.

of course you picked the jacket that kita awesomely discarded on the floor.

_____________________

it was time for the spring tournaments once again. the cherry blossoms falling on the ground magically, looking like it was surrounding you and suna. unfortunately, a female went by and stepped on the circle of petals, disturbing it.

kourai watched as tendou approached you and asked you to join shiratorizawa, his eyebrows furrowing and his eyes staring at the red-headed male weirdly.

you looked around in search of the person who was staring at you, first thinking that it was suna's presence. kourai sighed when he noticed that you didn't even bat an eyelash at him throughout the whole day.

"rintarou!" there you were again, running full speed to the person who wouldn't even take the commitment of loving you. he wanted to pick you away from his enemy's grasp. but he knew that there will be a time that you both will separate.

though he knew it was impossible for you to ever notice him again.