Chp 8

Draco's Pov

I took a deep as I turned around in my chair and glanced around my new room.

I'd had been in here for about an hour, but I had to admit that even though I had to deal with Granger, it was still really a nice upgrade from the dungeons. Now I had my own bathroom, the room was decorated in a lovely dark aesthetic, simplistic, and I had it all to myself.

No doubt, this dorm was a perfect reflection of the people who stayed in them.

I was particularly fond of my desk. It was much like my father's back home. The surface was smooth and cold to the touch. The silver designs carved into the black-stained wood were handmade. The drawers were weightless, and of course, had a secret compartment hidden in the middle.

A compartment that I'm sure I'll put to good use.

I looked back down at the parchment in front of me. Each year, I made a list of what I needed to do with my time at Hogwarts. I would always add things like hanging out with the guys or getting revenge on Peeves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Excel at studies

Learn mother's magic

Head Boy duties

'Veela Issues'

Make the most of life

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I frowned down at the paper. 

This isn't going to be easy

I sighed and set down my quill, running my hands through my hair as I stood up and walked towards the bathroom. 

With a wave of my hand, the shower began to run. I threw off the boxers I had slept in and stepped under the hot water.

Quickly, the room filled with steam. Drops of water began to form on the glass barrier around me and glistened as they slowly descended towards the base of the shower.

With each breath I took, I could feel the warm vapor flowing in and out of my lungs. There was a subtle taste of mint in the air as well, much like one of the saunas we had back home.

I could feel the warmth spread throughout my body, causing my pores to open and soak in the moisture. 

Ever since my transformation, things like taking a shower became more than just an everyday habit. It became a way for me to step outside of myself and simply just be still. The intoxicating feeling of the water running over my skin felt as if I were a snake shedding its skin.