Chp 5

Draco's Pov

I haven't laughed that much in ages.

After the feast ended, the four of us got up started heading back to the common room. We had all been given notes from Slughorn explaining the location and passwords for our dormitories.

It was actually quite surprising how the feast had gone. 

There weren't nearly as many Slytherins this year, and it definitely showed during the ceremony. We were the only seventh years and there wasn't a single first-year in Slytherin.

Apparently, parents didn't like hearing about their children being locked in the dungeons while there was an invasion upstairs.

Who would've guessed?

The whole experience was terrible from what Theo and Pansy had told us. They were all treated like animals and why? Because their parents might have been death eaters?

The hypocrisy of these "heroes" never ceased to surprise me.

I didn't even bother to read the "new information" from Mr. Slughorn because unlike the other houses, which had different dormitories on different floors, we had the entire dungeons to ourselves.

The rest of the Slytherins had already started to wander back, so we decided to take our time and take a long way downstairs.

Theo and Pansy led in front hand-in-hand. Making faces at paintings and howling with laughter whenever one of them got mad.

Every now and then, there would be some kid from either Gryffindor or Hufflepuff that would be asking us if we knew the password to their common room.

Like a gentleman, I of course told them something random and watched them run off whilst trying not to laugh.

Idiots.

Passwords were never something that we really ever had to deal with down in the dungeons.

The portraits knew anyway whether you were in Slytherin or not and if they ever kept you from going inside, it was probably because your shirt was untucked or they just didn't like you.

I smirked to myself as we stepped off the stairs and the corner that led to the dormitories.

In front of us, all the other Slytherins were waiting by the two portraits. I looked over at Blaise and frowned.

"Hey." He said, spreading his arms out. "What's the holdup?"

"It won't let us in." A dark-haired boy said.

"What do you mean?" I said.