Chp 20

Draco's Pov

I closed the door gently behind me. Blaise had probably already fallen asleep downstairs, and if I had to guess, the girls were probably asleep as well.

There weren't any feelings that I could sense other than what I had been experiencing myself. Most of all, being the huge wave of exhaustion that kicked in once I stepped through the door.

The smooth wooden floor creaked as I made my way into the dark room. With a wave of my hand, a candle flickered to life on my desk, illuminating the room in soft warm light.

A lot of things had happened tonight and I just needed a moment to just process it all. Other than there now being a metallic dragon sealed away in an ancient corridor and possibly fighting that hooded figure, I had just hung out with Granger and Ginny and actually enjoyed it.

There was no way that Blaise or I could have predicted anything like what had happened in the common room just now. From the moment that we stepped into the room, the Veela side of us seemed to have taken over.

The moment I noticed her on the couch, my entire body started to fill with worry. The way she felt and how they watched the two of us as we entered the room, it was almost unbearable.

Granger, my mate, was in pain. What would have once been worry or concern was now something that I couldn't even describe.

The need to comfort her then had become as important to me as breathing. 

Like it was my purpose.

I sighed and sat down at my desk, stretching my feet out until they reached the wall. It felt good to just sit and relax. To feel the warmth from the candle spread to my hands as I set them down on the stained wood.

Here I was. Head Boy, former Death Eater, and recently discovered Veela. Sitting where no one thought I was going to be, now forced to deal with things that only a week ago, didn't even exist. 

I looked down at the parchment in front of me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Excel at studies

Learn mother's magic

Head Boy duties

'Veela Issues'

Make the most of life

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This wasn't going to be easy in the slightest. 

I frowned down at the page. Mother's Magic.

"Of course," I muttered, leaning back in my seat. "She's married to a bloody Veela."

Father was the last person on earth I wanted to talk to about this, but maybe mother knows enough about it to give me some answers.