Chp 24

Hermione's Pov:

After lunch, Ginny and I decided to take a long way home. 

The weather felt amazing and we even stopped by the Whomping Willow during one of its daily rampages.

Who knew a tree could be so angry?

Once we had hiked back upstairs, I left Ginny to do as she pleased with the living room. The only rules were that she wasn't allowed to kill, maim, or cripple Blaise when he got back.

She seemed perfectly okay with that and ran off with a smile that reminded me of her two older brothers.

Should be easy enough.

I looked around the dorm from the balcony and sighed. Even with living with two snakes, I loved this dorm and the memories that have been made in it.

With a smile on my face, I turned around and headed for my room.

In my bed, I was trying to read over my notes from Charms and DDA, but it was hard to focus with all the noise that had been coming from downstairs.

I sighed as I looked up from my book. These assignments weren't due for weeks, and even if I wanted to finish them, there was too much going on to just sit still and try to focus.

Suddenly inspired, I sat up and looked around my room until my eyes landed on an empty space in the wall and I think I just found a good way to fill it.

I thought back to what Malfoy had said about the Room of Requirement and closed my eyes, imagining the space on the wall to be filled by a large bulletin board.

After a couple of moments of focusing, I let myself peek and noticed that there was now a large bulletin board on my wall and a box of thumbtacks on my desk.

I smiled as I walked over to my bag and fished out the two lists that Ginny and I had made at the Black Lake. With a thumbtack for each, I pinned them both to the board and took a step back.

For now, this can be the new mystery I try to solve.

I bit my lip and looked between the lists, noting that not only were they identical, but also impossible to take anything away from.

I guess that was to be expected though. 

They were interesting because of their mystery.

I sat back down on my bed and bit my lip looking between the different adjectives. "Okay," I flicked my wand, and the letters scrambled to different parts of the pages.