15

.

Her steps were unheard, but the zoldycks were already aware of her arrival even before she pushed open all the seven gates and made her way back to the manor on top of the mountain.

Eve had no interest in looking around noticing how she had yet to meet one single butler in her path. It was odd.

Adrian who was supposed to be back two days ago had gone missing.
Knowing something like this might happen someday, Eve had some of Adrian's blood kept away so she could track him using her nen, despite that she couldn't sense his energy or nen no matter how many times she tried.

Her twin didn't return her calls in weeks, and even her father didn't reach out or assign her any new jobs.

There was something strange going on, She could even smell it in the air, and her instincts told her to flee from the mountain right that instant, but Eve only moved forward, if anything was to go wrong she was certain she could stand her ground and fight or in the worst case scenario, escape unharmed.
The question was, who was she going to fight if it all went down?

When she finally reached the mansion, Gotoh was waiting by the front door, he bowed to her and she could sense his heart beating faster than usual, no one but her could notice such things given that her nen was all about blood.

"Where is everyone?"
She asked him in a rather intimidating tone, gotoh had yet to notice that she already saw right through his facade.

He answered her with the most calm tone he could muster
"They have been assembled by master silva, he has been expecting you as well"

Eve didn't care to question him further more, she only walked towards the great hall where she found all of her family members gathered.
Reading the room was so easy, killua's alert posture gave it away.
But she had yet to speak a single word.

As everyone's eyes followed her, she sat down on the luxurious accent chair facing her father, on their sides sat the other family members, and finally the butlers stood scattered in the corners of the vast room.

The whole atmosphere was suffocating, and killua noticed that  the twins, his father and zeno were the only ones unaffected by it. Eve went as far as lighting a cigarette and smoking nonchalantly waiting for someone to start explaining what is going on here.

It took no genius to figure out that she already noticed alluka's absence, she only looked at killua in the eye and he felt that he was growing smaller and smaller under her unreadable gaze, he swore even breathing too loud would get him killed.

But Eve promised she would never harm him, and he kept repeating her words in his head to convince himself she wasn't the danger here.

"Eve, you've been warned about smoking inside"
Kikyo was the first one to break the silence, she was sitting on her left side and Eve only answered to that by blowing the smoke in her direction.
It made illumi's eyes find hers in a split second, he was enraged with her. But to everyone else his eyes only looked empty and void, only eve knew how to read her twin like an open book.

"How dare you-"

"Where's my butler papa?"
Eve cut her short, eyes now looking directly into her father's, zeno noticed long ago that eve was somewhat a rather twisted version of silva, they had the same cunning eyes, the same authoritative aura.