07

"You're shaking, are you still cold"
his voice gave away how worried he was, his grip around her waist only tightened more and more, they both knew it would leave a bruise, none of them said a word about it, he liked having her close and she liked having his hands on her, no matter how much pain that caused both of them.

"It's okay, it will be gone in a second, you're warming me up just fine"
She was soaked from head to toes, and even though he dried her hair and made her wear his shirt she was still shaking, he hated how he only could afford a torn blanket and his own body to warm her.
Oh just how much chrollo hated where he was, and how little coins he owned in his pocket.

One day, he'd bring her the whole world at her feet.

Eve believed that he would.
The boy holding her, even though life made him more of a man, was terrifyingly a genius, if the world was what he wanted, the world is what he would get.
Inside his head was a scary place, but between his arms is the safest for her.

They both knew too well, the second they fell apart their world would crumble completely.

.

Eve opened her eyes, it was one of those dreams she often had, all the memories she tried to avoid during the day came back to haunt her as she slept.

"Just why am i still remembering this now.. it's all gone"

She looked around her bedroom, the night was breathing its last breaths as she looked at the scenery, a perfect view of the sunrise from her penthouse in one of yorknew's skyscrapers.

She was already at top of the world, but oh boy didn't it feel lonely.

"I'd give it all away to be back in that poor excuse of a home in meteor.. in his arms"

But would she really?
Eve only thought like that when she trusted she was on her own, she couldn't risk shedding any tears in front of anyone, she couldn't risk breaking down or showing any weakness, the last time she did, chrollo broke her even more.

Those were the brief moments of regret and sorrow she allowed herself, because right now she already left her bed, no longer looking like an abandoned child, lost and afraid, she wore an expressionless face as she moved around getting ready for another day.

She was an abandoned child from the very start, ever since illumi kept following behind as her dad walked her to the gates and told her to never come back unless she was strong enough, she could still remember how empty illumi's eyes looked, his beautiful black orbs that were once filled with life, she saw the spark in them die slowly as their father's words crushed both of their small bodies.

Life was always cruel wasn't it, ripped away from her twin, ripped away from her family twice, ripped away from the only person she truly trusted. And yet there she was, still breathing, still going on with her day as if her legs wouldn't give up any moment now from how heavy her heart felt.
Oh eve, just what would it take to kill you.

Now she could shake the heavens if she wanted. And the gods, oh the gods, she understood how cruel they are, now that she was one, how lonely they must feel.
Because she became strong enough, and she came back home but her brother's eyes still looked empty, she could never forgive her dad for that.