16

"Hello?"

"Hello there dearest, have you been asleep"

One could swear the smile on his face belonged to the 14 years old kid he used to be, so desperately in love with her tender gaze, batting her eyelashes at him, asleep in his bed, in his shirt that fell from one of her shoulders, looking at him so peacefully as he stroked her hair, a familiar warmth taking over his whole body.

But he was no longer 14 now, and Eve lost all the tenderness in her eyes.

"How do you have my number?"
Her voice sounded so far away, and it was obvious she was drunk he could hear it, how she spoke her words less aggressively from when she was sober but drunk on her pride.

"I stole some guy's ability to find your number"
He couldn't help smiling still, maybe if he imagined it in his head it will be easier, if he told himself this is how she sounds sleepy now, and ignored the ragged breaths coming from the other side...

"How pathetic, this is the shit you steal now?"
It was bitter, the way she spat the words at him but managed to let out a low whine, and he willed himself to ignore it, to forgot he heard it, to pretend he was a fool unaware of what was going on.

"What are you doing dearest?"

But could he do that really? When he knew there was no way he could pretend he was a fool.
He kept holding on to his knife twirling it left and right, time and time again, as no answer other than the low moans and the sound of skin on skin echoed.

Chrollo knew, but he kept listening anyway, even when it became unbearable for him, he knew what she was doing, and didn't he want to hurt her so badly for that..

He wanted to make her feel it just as much, how enraged he is with the thought of someone's hands on her, then show her that he was the only one, the only one who could satisfy her truly,
no one else would even be half as good as him.

"Chrollo.. i'm close"
She said

It was half mockery, she wasn't.. not at all, and whoever was with her seemed to be so into it that he didn't pay mind to how she was talking on the phone, making fun of chrollo on the other side of the line without a care in the world.

His brows were furrowed into a tight knot and his rage kept spilling from his darkened orbs, the knife now biting at his own flesh as a distraction from how exaggerated her moans were,
she was testing his patience, and he heard whatever words the other man mumbled, swept away by pleasure to the point of not being able to tell how fake she sounds, she was making another man enjoy himself with him on the other side listening, incapable of doing anything about it.

"Are you really close dearest, you know he's not touching you right, not worshipping you right

Are his knees even bleeding.. did he kneel and worship you dear? Did he beg, please, please..."

But this game was a game two could play at, and chrollo heard how she held her breath for a second as the pleas rolled off his tongue like he was truly begging, so desperate, in deep need..