18

Adrian stood in the middle of the arena, his eyes spun around, soon enough this place will look like a cage and Eve would be trapped in it.

He knew she hated it but it was necessary, for her to be viewed as a locked up beast, dangerous and deadly, and that soon the audience will look at her from behind the bars and cheer for her victory, placing debts on it as if she was some sort of animal, putting on a show for their entertainment.

Because humans were as simple as that, Adrian saw the crippling fear flashing in their eyes in the mass hall where there are no bars to keep Eve tame and away from them, where there was no cage to contain her rage.

It reminded him of a poor prey wandering in the haunting lands of an unforgiving predator, nothing ensuring its safety.

But Eve had her orders, no one shall leave the dome harmed, silva made sure to let her know that killing a single man from their guests would put her in a grave position.

They were all potential employers, it was not like he could care less about their lives or deaths, those who had enough money to survive would live, and the poor and weak would perish, this was the kind of world they lived in, that was how he view it.

Eve only nodded in agreement, she obeyed all of her fathers commands without arguing, after all she had the zoldyck name and its reputation on her shoulders, if rumours began spreading about them killing for any purpose other than money, their title as the greatest assassin family would stand for nothing.

Doing his last check ups on the battle arena, Adrian lighted up the torches all around the pit with his blue flames before leaving.

Only a while separates them from the long awaited battle olympia.

Back at the mass hall Chrollo kept his eyes wandering relentlessly, even though no one besides Eve and the spiders noticed.

He knew Eve already spotted all of the members scattered around, her face showed no expressions when meeting Machi's orbs looking intensely at her, but only held her gaze, and soon enough the pink haired woman averted her eyes, Chrollo knew how she felt, how they all felt,
intimidated.

Eve truly looked at everyone as mere humans below her, she made sure they all felt how utterly vulnerable they are at her presence.

Although he kept his calm facade, he couldn't help feeling irritated at how the girl behind Eve kept leaning down to whisper things in her ear, how the magnificent wings were kept spread open behind his dearest. As if she was truly an angel guarding her.

Somewhere a blurred voice in the background of his mind whispered to him, to cut down her wings, take them for yourself, spread them open on a wall and watch as they bleed down, see if that gives you any satisfaction, he chose to ignore it for now.

In his opinion Eve had no need for angels, she was the god of sin, of all bad and evil, long forgetting that the white in Angel's wings was the most deceiving of all, and it was often overlooked that angels were the ones with the burning blades and cruel punishments.

He was a mere devil, staring far up at the god above him, and at the angel by her side , while he was still below her in the deepest pits of hell.
But that's where his god belonged, that's where his god came from and that's where she shall return to, by his side.