13

.

There was a familiar feeling of uneasiness, a certain stinging in his chest, a well known shortness of breath.

This image, this scene, it was exactly the same, except that it was not his doing.

He averted his eyes from eve's cold body on the ground, blood still leaking from her head to the point of staining the blond strands and turning it crimson red, and looked at the gun in pakunoda's trembling hands.

His thoughts were all over the place, no words forming in his mouth, not a single tear to be shed in his eyes.

Adrian who was sitting next to eve's corpse, brushing her hair with his fingers, silently debating what to do once illumi arrived and demanded an explanation for this situation, jumped to his feet once he saw the man walking behind his lady's twin. His eyes burned with surprise and anger as he pointed his finger at him while hiding eve's body from his line of sight.

"What are you getting so worked up for Adrian? Hand me my sister this instant"

Although illumi knew eve made sure her butler answered to no one but her, there was a certain tone to his voice that indicated that he was not asking but ordering him to.

"I refuse"
Was all what Adrian said before drawing a circle around them and lighting it up with blue flames in under a second.

"You do know unless you hand her to me eve won't come back"

"And still i refuse"
Illumi noticed the subtle change in Adrian's behaviour the second his eyes fell on chrollo, the butler was never on the offensive unless given clear orders to be, and he hated leaving eve in that state more than anything else, so why is it that he's suddenly acting so protective not even allowing them to take a glance at her.

"You have 10 seconds to explain yourself before i step in there and take her by force. She's my family after all..not yours"

The last line made chrollo's eyes suddenly snap to illumi who wasn't facing him but definitely felt his stare.

Pakunoda and feitan only shared a look as they stood not so far away, it was safe to say they didn't fully process the situation yet due to how fast everything happened.

From when eve gave paku her signal to start moving, the first thing the woman did was fire her first shot at Adrian, expecting eve to rush to him to block it, she saw Adrian's eyes stare at her in surprise after he barely managed to dodge seeing he was caught off guard,
the second shot was lost in vain after she tried to shoot eve's legs to stop her movements but she was simply too fast for her to even take clear aim.

Eve approached pakunoda at an inhuman speed, kicking the gun out of her hand, it all happened too fast and feitan was almost sure pakunoda was done for.

And yet eve only took the gun and stood in front of her, there was so many unspoken words, and when she gave her the gun again feitan missed how Adrian turned around so he didn't have to see what came next.

As pakunoda held the gun in her hand not fully understanding what was eve trying to do, the woman leaned her forehead on the muzzle and smiled at her in the most wicked way possible.