fifteen.

Since I left Brad's place two days ago, all I can think about is what he told me. Reggie killed Charlie for the simple fact of wanting a better life. He took an innocent life and I won't rest until my brother's death is avenged. As I listen to my professor explain something for the hundredth time to a dumb blond, my mind wanders off to possible ways to kill Reggie. A few options could work: overdose, gun, knife, fire... I just need to be close enough to him to do it. Well and get a gun or drugs if I decide to go that route. But whatever mean I use to kill him, one thing is for sure, I'll make him suffer. I will make him feel as much pain as I'm feeling right now. Even though I doubt that physical torture can be as painful as how my heart's feeling.

When the two-hour lecture ends, I make my way to the university's gates, ready to get home and crush in my bed. I need to come up with a plan to get the info Isaac wants. I only have nine days left to get it, and I'm starting to freak out. As I make my way out, I notice the group of tattooed guys leaning against an SUV with tinted windows. It doesn't take me long before I recognize them as Joaquin's men, but he's nowhere to be seen. Does Isaac's gang know they're here? Because last I heard Joaquin and his guys were not allowed in this part of the city. I notice how the students leaving uni cross the street to avoid walking near Joaquin's gang. Does everybody know about them? I continue to walk until I reach the group, knowing that they're here for me. Why isn't Joaquin here though? Did he figure it out? Does he know I work with Isaac? Did he send his guys to get rid of me? Stop it, Joy. Don't think about it. There's an explanation.

"Get in", one of the guys says as he opens the car's back door.

I do as told, feeling my heart starting to race in my chest. As soon as I enter the car I see Joaquin sitting on the back seat, my heart now beating so fast I'm sure he can hear it. A smile appears on his lips as he sees me sit down next to him.

"Hey, pretty face", he says before leaning towards me and placing his lips on mine just as the car starts and leaves the parking lot.

I'm taken aback by the gesture but quickly pull it together and kiss him back before he starts having doubts about my intentions.

"I hope you don't mind me showing up unannounced", he adds after he detached himself from me. "I wanted to apologize for the other day, and the way I took off. Trust me, I'd rather have been doing what we started than what I ended up doing", he adds, making me wonder what he actually ended up doing.

Killing someone? I quickly push the thought away as I force a smile on my lips. I have a location to get, so it's time to fucking do something about it.

"So would I", I answer, biting my lower lip, his eyes glistening at the sight. "My hands didn't quite do justice to what I imagined you doing to me", I add and the look on his face changes from interested to animalistic.

For a second I think he's gonna take me right there and then, but he seems to be able to control himself surprisingly well. A hungry smile appears on his lips as he looks at me with eyes full of lust.

"Fuck, pretty face, you have no idea what you're doing to me", he says as he passes his tongue on his lips.

He might look hot, but the thought of having to have sex with him makes my stomach sick. I've never had sex with someone I didn't love. And obviously never with a fucking drug lord. But I know I have no choice here. I need to get to Reggie, whatever the cost. Will I be able to fake it? And most importantly will I be able to get access to his phone without him noticing?

"You're fucking gorgeous, you know that?", he adds, his eyes going back and forth between mine and my lips. I can't help the heat coming up to my cheeks at his comment. Shit Joy, answer something, I think to myself as my mind stays blank. What am I supposed to answer to that? Before I can think any longer, I lean forward, grab his face and connect our lips again. He's clearly surprised by my reaction, but I quickly feel him smile through our kiss as he unfastens his seatbelt to get closer to me. His hands trail down my body, his fingers digging into my hips. As our kiss heats up, I place my hands on his chest and gently push him away, feeling two pairs of eyes looking at us through the shield mirror.