II. Guilt

Skylar had her bottom lip pulled in between her teeth as she watched Clint laying there with a gash on his side

Thor, Steve, and Tony we're talking about the scepter, Nat and Bruce were talking, and Skylar was standing there with guilt covering features.

The fact that she heard it coming and could have shielded him with some type of energy or shadow. As Skylar got older, her powers grew stronger. She could smell out a bomb from 12 feet away, she could see from a mile away, and she could hear out if someone is about to attack her from behind. Hopefully that would get better. Her birthday wasn't to far away.

"Stop it." Clint mumbled sleepily.

Skylar blinked up as she thought he was asleep.

"Stop what?" Skylar asked softly putting her hands up in defense, her chakram in her left hand.

"That." Clint softly scolded. "Your guilt tripping yourself."

"I am not—" Skylar started.

"Yes you are, I can tell." Clint said. "Sky, me getting hurt is not your fault it happens to everyone once in a while."

"But I heard it before hand." Skylar said.

"Skylar, stop it." Clint said stern but his voice still soft. Nobody ever yells at Skylar, even though she can slice your throat in an instant, it brought back memories of her trainer yelling at her. She didn't like arguments no matter how tough she was.

"This was not your fault, do you understand me. It was the stupid enhanced's fault, he knocked me out of my hiding spot." He assured her.

Skylar looked down at the floor of the jet. Clint slipped his hand into hers for her to look up.

"I'm gonna be good as new before you know it, you won't even know I was hurt." Clint said giving her hand a reassuring squeeze. "So don't think to much about it okay?" Skylar at let a small smile slip on her face.

"Okay." She said to her father like figure.

"Good." He smiled.

Clint let go of her hand and she went to sit down and Natasha put a arm around her shoulders and she soon fell asleep.

€€€€

Clint was rushed into the lab by dr. Cho and Natasha and Skylar were going at a different pace so she had time to set up.

"You wanna tell me who was flirting with you?" Natasha asked turning her head to Skylar who had a calm look on her face.

"We wouldn't work anyway." Skylar said, Natasha gave her a confused look.

"Why?" Natasha asked. "I-I'm  not really looking for a relationship at the moment."  Skylar said.

Natasha once again looked at her, Skylar walked forward. Natasha then kept walking also.

€€€€

"You sure he's gonna be okay?" Natasha asked with a small smirk on her face as the 2 looked at the machine. "Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together."

"There's no possibility of deterioration." Dr. Cho said. "The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. His cells don't know they're bonding." 

Skylar had confused look on her face. Bruce looked like he was in heaven.

"She's creating tissue." He said in awe.

"If you had brought him to my lab the regeneration cradle could have done this in 20 minutes." Dr. Cho said sort of smugly.

"Oh he's flatlining." Tony said coming in witch received him an eye roll from Skylar. "Call it time?"

"No, no, no," Clint said and chuckled. "I'm gonna be made of plastic." Tony handed him a green smoothie like drink. "Here's your beverage." 

"Your going to be made of you, mr. Barton. Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference." Dr. Cho said.

"Well I don't have a girlfriend." Clint said

"That I can't fix. And here's the next thing Tony, your clunky metal suits are gonna be left in the dust." Dr. Cho said.

"That is exactly the plan." Tony said. "And Helen, I expect at the party on Saturday."

Dr. Cho looked up from her clipboard. "Unlike you I don't have time for parties." She said before saying quietly. "Will Thor be there?"

"You too Sky." Tony said Skylar looked up.

"I'm underage though." She said getting one of the green beverages and taking a sip of it.

"Oh you just have to make sure they don't see." Tony said referring to Natasha and Clint.

"Don't encourage her." Natasha said. Skylar chuckled and walked out the lab.