VIII. Clint's farm

Unlike everyone else, Skylar still had yet to be torn from her fears

Flashbacks kept running, over and over. She felt like she was in a pit that she couldn't get out of. She was in a space with her knees to her chest with tearful eyes. Skylar was staring off into blankness as her fears kept going.

Clint landed the jet and went to Skylar after helping Natasha stand, she was still dazed. but she was recovering a lot faster than Skylar.

Clint had a worried look on face. He wiped the tears that fell only to be replaced with more. What the Maximoff had showed her was really messing her up. He picked her up bridal style and left the jet.

"What is this place?" Thor asked. "A safe house?" Tony answered as more of a question.

"Let's hope." Clint said opening the door. He sat Skylar on the couch and put a blanket over her.

"Honey? I'm home." Clint called out for his wife who soon came out. She was a woman with a pregnant stomach.

"Hi company, sorry didn't call ahead." Clint said as he pecked her on the lips and hugged her. Laura frowned at Skylar frozen on the couch. She nudged Clint and nodded to Skylar. "I'll tell you later." He whispered.

"This is an agent of some kind." Tony said in disbelief.

"Gentlemen, this is Laura." Clint said smiling. "I know all of your names." Laura said awkwardly.

Clint heard the footsteps of kids coming down the stairs. "Ooh incoming." He said walking to hug his children. "Hi buddy! How you guys doing?"

Steve had a confused look on his face. "These are....smaller agents." Tony said confused.

"Look at your face! Oh my goodness!"

"Did you bring auntie Nat?" Lila asked. Clint gasped and looked back at Natasha. This brought Her attention, she smiled and creeped up on her.

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" Natasha asked and with that Lila ran to her and hugged her.

"Sorry for barging in on you." Steve apologized politely like the man he is.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead but we were busy having no idea you existed." Tony retorted.

"Yeah well, Fury helped me set it up when I joined, he kept it off shield's files. I'd like to keep it that way. I figured it was a good place to lay low." Clint said with an arm around his wife.

"I missed you." Natasha said to Laura as she gently put her hands on both sides of Laura's stomach. "How's little Natasha huh?" Natasha asked.

"She's... Nathaniel." Laura said with a sorry filled smile. Natasha narrowed her eyes and bent down. "Traitor."

Thor then walked out and Steve called his name and went after him. Then everyone went to do their own thing. Steve and Tony went to chop wood, Bruce went to his and Natasha's room, Clint went to his shared room with Laura, and Natasha was next to the frozen Skylar hoping she'd come out of her fears soon.

"Sky, I know you probably can't really hear me." Natasha said quietly. "But remember how on your 14th birthday I gave you this Saturn necklace because I had one of the moon and I promised I'd always be there for you and you did the same?"

She took a deep breath and continued. "Right now, I need you to wake up, for me."

And with that she did.

"Hey there." Natasha greeted gently putting a hand on her knee.

Skylar blinked slowly, her eyes coming with Natasha's. "Where are we?" She asked barely a whisper.

"Clint's house." Natasha said Skylar nodded slowly. "Is everyone okay?" She asked.

Natasha smiled slightly at how Skylar was caring about the team more then herself. "Yeah, we're just laying low for awhile." The redhead said.

"Why don't you go lay down, you look exhausted." Natasha said wiping her mostly dry tears.

"I really don't think I can sleep." Skylar admitted. "But a might take a shower though." Skylar said Natasha nodded. "Okay, there's clothes in Lila's bedroom for when you come over."

With Natasha's help Skylar got off the couch and entered Lila's bedroom. She got the extra clothes and went into the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

She then made the water as hot as possible and stripped off her suit and let the water blister her skin she was angry at the Maximoff girl for not only getting into her head but in Natasha's too.

After a long and needed shower, Skylar got out and put on a black shirt and grey pants and looked at herself in the mirror. She watched how her eyes turned green.

She then went downstairs only to find Clint. He pulled her into a hug and she didn't hesitate to hug back. He pulled away but still with his hands on her shoulders "are you okay?" He asked.

"I will be." Skylar said. "Do want to help fix the porch with me?" He asked hopefully but he knew what she was gonna say.

"How about you help fix the porch and I watch?" Skylar said pointing to herself with two thumbs smiling.

€€€€

A/n: hi I hope you liked the story make sure to comment and vote! Bye!