Chapter IX: Learning Pt:1

Evolution is something that will always be tied to humans and overall life on earth. When given enough time every organism is going to evolve one way or another, it may take years for that to happen but it will. Humans are one species that evolves sometimes quicker and sometimes slower.

We learned how to hunt in order to survive, those that didn't learn it died and were made a example of what happens. Later we slowly learned how to use most basic tools to hunt more effectively thus getting food faster, following many years of evolution we developed more complicated speech, machines capable of performing most basic tasks in record timing, got ourselves better tools and higher quality food.

That put us in the present time when we are still needed to kill animals but in less tiring manner than before, getting their skin for accessories or decorations, cooking their flesh so we can survive longer.

In modern society there are people that learned this processes and are supposed to deliver the finished product to the masses so they can eat and not starve. They skin the animal, gather the eatable parts of it's body and dispose of the not useful ones.

All of it is with use of tools created for that purpose, blades that are sharp enough to cut skin and muscle tissue, storage facilities that are keeping the meat fresh so it can be used on later date.

'So why the fuck am I doing this alone?'

*Thud*

Those thoughts swirled inside my brain as I skinned another animal, throwing it's skin aside I started to work on the flesh while Pup was peacefully munching on the freshly cut off leg that I gave to him minute ago.

Hands covered in blood, fur and pieces of Originium that I had to cut out from the body. All of it was mixed with the large amount of random items that the wolves devoured before my killing spree. Already I took out maybe four small birds, three turds, some pieces of grass and a.... fox head....

'Why, why would you eat just the head? It's mostly fucking bone, you have more meat on like every other part!'

Holding the large blade in my now gloved hands I could only wonder how stupid and desperate the animal was to devour entire fox head. It had to be fresh because I still could recognize it. Placing the blade aside I slowly gripped the bloody head before tossing it aside to the pile with trash.

Michael being the jackass he is ordered me to prepare the wolves for the roast, he said that it was in compensation of me not killing all the wolves. At least he gave me protective gloves so I wouldn't infected...

'God tell me why have I agreed to this once again? Why can't I just leave this place...'

*PING*

'It was rhetorical question, I know the answer dammit!'

Screen with my newest quest popped up making me stare at it with displeasure written all over my face. I dismissed it before returning to my work, cutting away the limbs of the creature I threw another leg to Pup was already finished the last one.

"WOOF!"

"Where are you even storing this? At this point there is no logical explanation to your digestive system. It is literally a black hole that cannot be satisfied with anything."