Chapter IX Learning Pt: 2

*PING*

'At this point this sound is getting really annoying...'

Saving another piece of information to the journal I flipped through another page of the large book that was in my hands. Quickly moving my eyes through the pages I read in silence while Pup was still sleeping on the carpet next to my bed.

In the corner of my vision I could see the shadows that covered corners of the room slowly get smaller and smaller. Sun supposedly rose up and shined through the singular window that was placed in the room. My eyes quickly adjusted to the shift in light before I turned off the lamp that was next to me.

Stretching my arms I readjusted my position before releasing a soft yawn. My eyes returned to the book as another set of windows popped right back to my vision. While most of them contained new information that I was going to store a singular window still was saying the same thing for the last hour.

[Skill Information Processing has Leveled Up!]

'I told myself that I would sleep later and now the new day starts.... Well it's not like it's going to affect me in bad way....'

I was feeling slightly tiered but it was nothing major, I just needed either a cold shower or a cup of coffee. I'm sure that Michael had some in his house, if not than I will find a replacement for it.

*Click*

Placing the large amount of books back on the shelf I rubbed my eyes again before glancing out the window. Sun was quickly raising over the horizon, spreading the golden glow across the forests and fields that were around me. Animals around started to wake up causing a explosion of annoying sounds across the streets and backyards of the houses.

From the position I can guess that it was around six, maybe little earlier. Either way it was fucking early and that only showed me that I spend entire night reading stuff about this weird world that I was placed in.

"For a place with such awful history people surely live calm lives. I suppose it's better than living in fear and questioning if you gonna live to see another day..."

Seeing people calmly get out of their house and start their chores was.... I dunno... different? When you realize that the place you live in can be destroyed in one second everything becomes more.... meaningless?

Depends on the point of view I guess, those people didn't seem to care. They lived their lives without worry about tomorrow or the small chances that a disaster would strike. Admirable but at the same time it doesn't go well with me...

It makes me feel like I can't do anything and I'm at mercy of higher power.... useless, powerless and unable to do anything. Left to watch as the world burns around in front of my own eyes while possibly holding the answer to putting down that fire.

"Continent that is filled with magic, strange infections that are the source of most problems in major countries, technology that is more complicated than what I'm used to... And people with animistic traits.... Truly a strange land this 'Terra' is."

Most of the books I read were filled with history of this world. From small and large wars between countries to some fairy tales about beings hidden from mortal eyes. What I'm most surprised is that name 'Terra' is not referring to a planet

It's more like a continent from what I read. There wasn't any mentions of explorers finding any form of life beyond the vast ocean. Anybody that was recorded to venture out hasn't returned and are classified as dead, easy way to make people believe that there is nothing beyond Terra