Chapter II: Fight or Flight

I cannot lie that the calm atmosphere that is inside the forest isn't relaxing for me. My eyes wondered around the high trees and small bushes that were scattered along my path.

This forest was filled with vibrant green colors signaling that it should be around spring. The slightly cold winds and scorching sun made me stay with that thought.

*Crunch*

Sticks broke beneath my boots as I slowly made my way through the thick layers of the forest. In my hands was a small combat knife that was given to me on the start, I carelessly threw it in the air before catching it again.

Soon I found myself getting bored of walking, so I decided to 'tinker' with the power that was given to me. Like in any form of menu I was allowed to change the color, shape or even font of the displayed screen. While not really important I still thought that it would be better thing to do than just aimlessly walk around the forest.

*Ping*

[Your changes have been canceled.]

Frown was placed upon my lips as I stared at the message, the weapon in my grip calmly stopped in the palm of my hand as I released a tiered sigh. Hour of customization was thrown in to the garbage.

"Now for the next thing... Observe"

I wanted to try some of those skills that I have but the observe was only one that I can activate at my own. Rest was pretty much useful in random situations so that kind of put me down.

Anyway, the screen changed size once again and showed me small portion of the information about my starter weapon.

[Basic Combat Knife]

[Simple knife that can be easily obtained in the shop in most cities on Terra. Core of the blade is made of Originium making it harder than normal blade.]

[+10 ATK bonus]

I'm surprised at the lack of information on this screen. I would think that information like durability would be written on it. I'm certain this knife can break but it's the question how long it will take?

If I use it carelessly I can dull it and practically make it useless in fights. I need to keep that in mind and check how sturdy that thing is, the Originium core is making me think that it should be slightly better than normal.

Well it could be worse than that, at least I don't have to use my fist if I have to protect myself. I don't know if there are any dangerous animals in here, I can hope that there aren't any bugs that can explode like a fucking bomb or something like that.

Clearly it can't be that bad right?

*Ping*

[Strong Blood Lust Detected. New Threat Appeared]

[New Skill Learned, Six Sense]

Strange emotion washed over my body, in the corner of my vision I could see a dark shape forming from the depths of the forest. I laid my eyes on it for a second and it seemed to be a amalgamation of strange red energy.