Chapter VIII: Trials

My current situation was far from ideal, I'm really thinking that life just wants to kick my ass for something I did in the past at this point. My mind was constantly swirling with ideas to how i get out of the situation while also trying to calm my body down.

Stress was one of the obstacles in my way, and it was the easiest one to beat at the moment.

We quickly left the house and stood in the front of it where most of the clear space was. Michael was taking some glances at me while i focused on the screen that popped up in my vision, it's contents made me even more stressed then before.

Name: Michael ???

Race: Kuranta

Title: ???

Age: ???

Infection: ????

LVL: ???

Class: ???

Hp - ???

Mp - ???

ATK ???

DEF - ???

RES - ???

Cost - ???

Block - 1?

ASPD - ???

'Fucking really!? Is that all you can give me!? THAT'S NOT HELPFUL AT ALL!'

*PING*

[We do not care]

'. . . Bruh.'

"Oi! Are you even listening to me kid!?"

His voice held a hint of anger as I blankly stared ahead of myself, blinking and realizing that we were supposed to be doing something I dismissed the useless screen and turned to him. With hands inside the pockets of the pants I had I only shook my head making him narrow his eyes at me.

"Sorry boss, got lost in thoughts. Can you repeat what you said?"

". . . Do that one more time and I'm gonna make you regret being born. For your first test we are going to see how fast you can go, I'm gonna sprint in to the forest and you have to catch me. If you can do that you win, if not you loose. Clear?"

"Crystal. When do we start?"

His lips curled up in to wide grin that gave e bad feeling, tightening his belt he gave me a half-assed salute before tapping his foot against the ground.

*CRACK*

Before my eyes could register what happened his body disappeared in thin air. Pebbles and dust kicked in the air from the sudden force that struck the ground below us, strong gust of wind made me close my eyes to not let any of the dirt get in them.

Hair blew back as my feet stumbled for a moment, everybody that looked at us rubbed their eyes at the sudden action before we all heard Michael laugh at my face. His voice booming through the forest like he was using megaphone.

"Come on kid! Your test start now so better catch up! I give you twenty minutes to catch me, so better speed up or you gonna loose!"

Can you tell that my jaw hit the floor?

No? Well then now you know

". . . . That's not fucking fair!"

My lips twisted in to frown before I rushed in to the forest, I was obviously slower than him. He made that dash in fucking second and it took me around ten seconds form the place we stood. Pup was in my hands while I constantly tried to find any hint where he could go.