Chapter 11

July 4, 2019

It's been nearly three months since I went on a date with Tony. For these past couple months we've been extremely exclusive. I've also felt happy with Tony. I've usually never felt happy with any of my past relationships. None of my ex boyfriends made me feel desired. But unlike my exes, Tony Dosent make me feel like I'm demanding at all. He will go above and beyond for my needs which is what I love about him. Tony has also been dropping major hints at asking me to be his girlfriend which I'm surprised he hasn't already asked me. And today is the Fourth of July so yesterday Tony mad plans for the both of us. He didn't make plans for a date its more so of a hangout..with his friends or "the hype house".

2:30 pm

"It really sucks how we have to work on the Fourth of July" I tell Tony, keeping my eyes on the money I was counting in the register

"You'll have fun later tonight" he smiled

"I know but I could be having fun right now" I pouted

He only laughed

Just then two customers came in, and then another, and another, and then a group. Why is it that when I FaceTime Tony this place gets busy. It's so irritating and annoying to me.

"Baby I'll call you back later it's getting busy" I said picking up my phone

"Alright then, talk to you later love" Tony said, then hung up

What sucked even more besides me not being able to communicate with Tony everytime it gets busy is that I was alone Today. Mila had called in sick today. My manger did help but that was in the morning.
So I'm all by myself.

[]

7:20 pm

"ToNnNnNyYyYyY" i yell jumping on his back causing him to stumble and fall on his bed

"Are you ready" he asks chuckling

"Well no shit you see my dressed and with makeup don't you?"

He rolls his eyes going turning to the mirror fixing his curls. I stand there and admire him. After a few moments of him fixing his curls he notices me staring then zoning off. He walks up to me and cups my face grabbing my attention.

"Come on we gotta go love" he says getting up

We both walk out of the room all ready to watch the fireworks go off tonight.

___________________________________
Time skip because I'm way too tired to be describing, when they greet the others and get in the car and all of those shenanigans
________________________________

We arrive to this park like location. It's not really a park it's like a hill. We walk up to the hill to see more people sitting and standing and dancing and minding their business waiting for the fireworks to go off. We all get settled on the hill. Thomas and Addison help place chairs around so we wouldn't have to sit in the cold, damp soggy grass. As I was minding my business I noticed Alexa walking up to me with a bag of skittles and sour patch kids.

"Want some" she offered

I nodded and she handed me the bag of sour patch kids. These weren't normal sour patch kids though. They were the watermelon kind which I perfered more than the original ones. (Y'all Perfer normal sour patch kids or the watermelon ones, I'm trying to see smth 🙈)

Time flew by very quick, as it was almost time to light the fireworks. At some point I noticed Tony getting nervous. I shrugged his Anxiousness off since he was probably just worried about that one Hollywood fix guy seeing him and shoving a camera all up in his face.

9:25 pm

We all get settled and ready to watch the fireworks as they start at 9:30. I was so pumped because last year we didn't do anything. I've also been stressed out with my job. I've been working long shifts so it's definitely been draining for me.

Tony's POV

I bet this new POV was unexpected huh

I ran my hands through my curls as I perpared myself for the fireworks and to ask Maya if she wanted to be mine. We've been really exclusive for the past months and I feel like I'm finnaly ready to claim her as mine. As moments went by, I got more nervous and anxious. An announcer started to speak letting us know that it was now time to see the fireworks. I quickly turned my head and snooped just to make sure there wasn't any paparazzi. Luckily, we choose a more closed in area so they're really wasn't anyone around us. I stepped a bit closer to Maya. I took a deep breath and turned my head to her.

Maya's POV

"Maya.." Tony spoke

"Yes Tony" i asked turning my full attention to him

"Maya I've been so happy with you for these past few months and I honestly feel like I'm in love with you, I've always thought we'd make a great couple you know?, and you've made me feel like the most luckiest guy in the world and you're the only girl I want so...will you be my girlfriend" he asked very much nervous and shyly

I paused for a moment processing everything around me.

"Maya..."

"Of course I wanna be your girlfriend finally you popped the question" I said wrapping my arms around his neck. He grinned widely and cupped my face. He slowly placed his lips onto mine as the fireworks went off. We slowly and gently kissed each other. He pulled away after a few seconds. We admired each other as well. We had also completely forgot about the others but they seemed to have been distracted by the colorful fireworks.

"I love you" he said wrapping his arms around me turning to the fireworks still going off

"I love you too" I smiled

                                             []

In the process of writing this, I noticed I hit 4,000 reads. Thank you very much. I appreciate a lot 🤍