t h r ê ē

(Rex POV)

i wake up in the morning, at 6:30 like always, i go on my phone for 30 mins. is ben still not up? he always sleeps in! i get out of bed at 7:00 and go to wake ben up, i knock a couple times, no answer of course. he better not get mad at me for coming in. i walk in and he's fast asleep. "ben?" i say lightly shaking him "hmmmph" he replied "ben, you have to get up, we need to leave for school soon" ben opens his eyes and looks at me, then rolls over "ben! we have to get ready! i don't wanna be late" i kept shaking him "oh my god rex your so annoying! i'm up i'm up get out of my room! sometimes i think your 5 years old" i rolled my eyes "i'm not leaving until i see you get up out of bed." ben sighed obnoxiously and gets out of bed, he's in his boxers and no shirt. "get dressed" i say then leave the room.

i'm sitting at the table eating breakfast and ben comes down and hes staring at his phone. "texting your boyfriend?" i ask just to tease him "shut up rex" he replied then sits down. i laugh and continue to eat.

once i'm done i get up and grab my book bag and lunch. ben grabs his stuff and goes out the door, i follow him out. we get in the car and it's just silence, "ben? what's wrong? there's a stick far up your ass today" i point out and i think i made ben mad... "nothing rex!! nothing!! just stop talking please i'm not i'm a good mood ok!?" ben snapped and i sit back and don't respond.

we get to school and we park a little far from anakin and ashoka "ben? you don't usually park this far from-" i was cut off "just stop talking!" did something happen with anakin and ben? i was so confused, i have to talk to anakin. we get out and ashoka runs to me "why park so far??" she asked me "i'm not sure, something is up bens ass today" anakin comes up behind ashoka and ben walks away "hey anakin! mind if i have a word?" i asked "uh sure rex what's up?" i was quiet for a moment and start walking towards the school "what's wrong with ben? he's been bitchy all morning" i ask and anakin looks down "honestly he was that way at like 3 am when he spammed my phone to wake me up, i got mad at him, i've been trying to call him and text him to apologize but he won't talk to me, i hope that's not why" i didn't know what to say, that's NOT like my brother, he likes anakin, why ignore him? "i'll try talking to him, i'm not 100% sure if it will work because he has been telling me to shut up all morning, but worth a shot" i say getting to anakin's locker "hey anakin, i should call you general, since you're like the leader of our friend group." i say laughing, anakin laughs "call me whatever you want rex i don't care. but try talking to ben for me please?" anakin asks me, "i have him in class before lunch so i'll try" i say "i have to head to class, come walk with me rex" ashoka says "okay! bye 'general'" i emphasized general to try and joke and we all start laughing.

i get to class and hug ashoka before heading in. i sit down and cant stop thinking about why ben was avoiding everyone. i get out my notebooks and pencils. Mr Dooku the assistant principal came walking in. "good morning class, don't mind me. i'll be sitting in the back of the class to observe." he says and walks to the able behind me. great... he's behind me... i wrote notes down, my teacher is showing a powerpoint about the civil war, first period had to be history, i'm too tired for this.

at the end of class, Mr Dooku walked out saying goodbye to everyone. i start cleaning up my stuff to go to next period, with ben. honestly i was scared to talk to him. but i'm his brother and i'm always gonna be here for him. he's my idol to be honest. i hate seeing him sad. i get out of class and walk to my
locker to get my notebook and textbook for that class, i make my way to that class and see ben already sitting there. "hey ben" i said sitting down "don't get me in trouble for your doing again alright? i'm not in the mood today." ben said not making eye contact "ben, i'm your brother and you know i'll always be here for you. what's going on?" ben just looked at me. "can i trust you? seriously?" he said softly. i look at him and nod putting a hand on his shoulder. class starts in another 2 minutes and usually the teacher gives us time to talk after the bell rings anyway, so he had time to tell me. "rex... it's just, i get attached easily to the point i get hurt in the end... and i don't want to get attacked to anakin so i'm distancing myself for today. just today. i really like him rex, but i don't want to get hurt. i don't intend to be mean to you, and i'm sorry" ben explained and i didn't know what to say. "ben, obi-wan, listen to me, distancing yourself makes anakin think your mad at him. talk to him. you don't
have to rush into anything. take it slow, be his friend, be there for him obi-wan, i'm sure he likes you too, he thinks your mad at him for him getting mad at you for waking him up at 3" ben looks at me in the eyes "im not mad at him" ben says softly "okay class. please quiet down" my teacher started me and ben stopped talking and started with that notes