𝐈𝐈.

Chapter 2; Newbie.

Oh, how fluttered was the doltish girl

──── ❝ do haru ❞ ────

Monday, 15th of January, 2021

The Winter Break had come to an end. Sadly, it was time to get back to the so-called "school" or in simple words, hell

Haru was getting ready. She hurtled around her lonely apartment, her cat trying to keep up with her. Already on her first day back to university, she just happened to wake up late. Nothing unusual coming from a sleepyhead like her. 

Once Haru was finally dressed, she threw her backpack over her shoulder. 'Bye-bye, Yeongi.' she simpered gently, bidding her cat goodbye after making sure she had left him water and food.

Haru was a Starbucks lover. It was convenient in her opinion because, despite the cost, you could have your coffee while walking to school and it made you feel full. She decided to go there in hopes of getting her day a congenial start. 

She went for a "Mocha Frappuccino Cookie Crumble" and proceeded with her journey towards the university. The only thing that annoyed her about her favourite coffee place was the long-ass names they came up with for drinks. 

Were they trying to be poetic? Shakespeare who?

By the time Haru had reached the main gate, she had already drunk all of her coffee, so she threw away the paper cup along with the straw. 

When she entered the huge building, her eyes were quick to land on a certain male that outshone everyone with his minty-green hair. A plain, black backpack was draped over his right shoulder as he stared at his phone, using his thumb to scroll through Instagram. A bored expression coated his face.

Haru couldn't help the tiny smile that crept up her lips at the sight of her best friend. 'Yoongi! Min Yoongi!' she shouted excitedly, making some people glance at her weirdly.

You see, Yoongi was known to be a solitary man; a remarkably reserved guy. So some people found the sight of him smiling back at her outlandish. People in this world are very nosy and always asked the two if they were a couple, or how could it be possible that "The Min Yoongi" had feelings.

A little grin made its way on Yoongi's thin, light pink lips as he saw Haru's figure bouncing up and down, excited to see him after the long break. They hadn't seen each other in person for a whole month since Haru had gone to her grandmother's house. Her parents and sister were there as well since they came to Korea for the holidays. 

Meanwhile, Yoongi had gone to his hometown, Daegu, to spend some time with his family as well, so all they did was text and video call each other a few times a week.