𝐗𝐗𝐈.

Chapter 21; When Folly Takes Over

See? In the end, you're still a fucking cheater

───── ❝ do haru ❞ ─────

Tuesday, 15th of February 2021:

After the events of the previous day, Haru didn't know how today, such an amazing day, was supposed to be enjoyable for her. 

After she had spent half an hour crying in the corner, Haneul, Jimin and Yoongi staring at her with awkward yet empathetic faces, the police burst in. However, despite thinking she'd receive some sort of help, all she received was a nasty reminder of her trauma. 

The police had questioned her on a bunch of useless stuff, somehow managing to bring up the murder that occurred nearby her grandma's house five years ago. Needless to say that she had been exposed in front of Haneul and Jimin, who had no idea about this.

All this suffering, only to then determine that catching the criminal would be nearly impossible. The police had said the usual: 'We'll do our best but we're not sure how possible it is to find the culprit...'

Haru felt empty in her bed without Yeongi sleeping next to her as usual. He was the one she could hug before anyone after having a nightmare. And now it was just empty.

She could have gotten another cat, but she'd feel too guilty towards Yeongi. Plus, Haru was sure she'd constantly keep on comparing the two of them. Maybe, after she forgot and accepted this, she could welcome a new little beast into her life. Maybe. Maybe not.

But she'd never understand how, why and who decided to kill her cat. It was a strange assassination, not necessarily more monstrous than the one of five years ago, but they were close. Especially because this time, the victim was someone Haru loved. 

The devasted girl checked the time on her phone, realising that it was already eight a.m. She was already late for school. In fact, Yoongi and Jimin had sent her a bunch of texts, saying that it was okay if she was not planning to come. They just wanted to know. 

'I don't think I'm coming. I still need to debate whether I'll do the competition thing.'

'Okay, get some rest. Let us know if you need anything, we'll rush over in an instant!' replied Jimin. 

Haru plopped back down onto her back, releasing a sigh. Maybe she could sleep a little bit more. 

...

As soon as she opened her eyes, the bell rang. Rubbing her eyes, Haru quickly ran up to the door, she opened it although not fully, just enough to see the person's face.

'Delivery!' said a dude with a voice too bright and cheerful to be sincere.

'I didn't order...'

'Um, a guy by the name of Min Yoongi said that he ordered this for you.'