𝐗𝐕𝐈.

Chapter 16; Wipe Away Those Crocodile Tears

We are both dumb, dumb, dumb...

───── ❝ do haru ❞ ─────

Haru was perplexed; she was unable to comprehend the ridiculous desolation that her heart was drowning in. It was a feeling so foolish, it knew itself and refused to fit into a certain category, making it only harder for Haru to understand herself. 

Yoongi hadn't shown up to school, hadn't spoken to her, called her or at the very least sent a message. Haru hadn't seen him at all, and It was odd. She had never spent a day, in the past five years, without exchanging at least a text with him.

Her face felt uncomfortable as it was all scrunched up and tensed, manifesting just how deep in thought was she. 

And as she restlessly marched forwards, with no destination, she had completely forgotten about the kind soul that trudged behind her like a shadow.

At some point, Haru's endless marching came to a halt, and she sighed. Only then had she realised just how cold it was, in fact, a harsh chill ran down her spine. Haru wasn't sure whether it was because of the loneliness, the coldness or Yoongi, but childish tears started to pool in her eyes. 

'Stupid, stupid, stupid!' she mumbled under her breath, wrapping her arms around herself. 'Stupid Yoongi.' Haru pouted, looking up at the sky and moon in a half-successful attempt to thwart her tears from falling. 

'Stupid, stupid, stupid!' repeated someone behind her like a parrot, and only then had her attention been returned to Earth. 'Stupid Haru,' said Jimin as he walked up to her with his ever-so-bright grin. He slowly removed his scarf, cladding it around her neck. 'Keep warm.'

'I am sorry.' she looked down, playing with the white woollen scarf—the only bright item on her. 'I totally forgot I made you follow me.'

'You didn't make me do anything.' Jimin cupped her cheeks, 'I voluntary chose to follow you around like the lost puppy that I am.'

Haru raffled his hair, 'Thanks, Jimin.'

'I did nothing,' he said as he grabbed her hand, intertwining their hands. 'But I want to do something, so let's get that pretty smile of yours out. Anything you'd like to do?' 

'Um, I-I don't know?' Haru stuttered out, making it sound more like a question. She sniffed, 'Maybe we can just take a walk?'

'Anything.'

The two wandered around, stopping by some shops here and there. It was a chill evening spent well. So well, that they both felt like they had to part too soon. But it was what was. University couldn't give two shits, it expected you to be there.