𝐗𝐈𝐕.

Chapter 14; People Are Still Humans

They were meant to meet under the wetness of the sky's harsh tears

───── ❝ m.h.n ❞ ───── 

Haneul had always had a hard life; her mom left when she was just eight, her father was never really a father and her ex-boyfriend disappeared all of sudden.

She had moved on from her mother, too much time had passed to remember her properly anyway. She could take her father's neglect too because that was how he had always been. But the sudden arrest of her boyfriend, Han Sung?

Never.

He was such a good man, such a pure man. His smile was always wide and bright, so much to the point where it was contagious. He was a handsome man as well, but Haneul never worried about him liking other girls because, in their almost five years of dating, he had only cared for her.

The two were a K-drama-like couple, so flawless and sweet with a few fights here and there—it's a natural occurrence after all. But generally, they had everything: trust, love, understanding and communication.

Just a week before their break up, Sung had begun acting weird, saying that it was because of school. He came back to their apartment later than usual and spoke to her way less. She gave him space because she thought he would need it.

However, it only ended in her getting caught in a fire of regret, anger, confusion, but worse of all, endless pining. Haneul wanted his presence and warmth back by her side the second that he had walked right out of the door of her apartment, which, in reality, symbolised her life.

The way his muddy boots thumped against the floor, his teary eyes, the heavy breaths that left his parted lips and his back, she remembered it all as he walked away in slow motion. Yet just a week later, she met Yoongi.

Yoongi came into her life like a Supernumerary Rainbow, so unexpected and rare. People like him could only be found in K-Dramas because he was a man that really kept it all to himself.

Back then, after Yoongi left that night, she found herself sitting with her legs crossed on the balcony as she made the red wine in her glass rotate, thinking about him. Sometimes, she'd forget her ex because Yoongi was the only thing that she could think of.

Haneul never thought someone could be better than Sung. She never believed her life would get better, she didn't believe her tears would stop and she never believed there would be other hands that would mould with her own so well.

Notwithstanding, she was in fact the one to discover just how untrue that was. And she wanted to see the minty-green-haired man again.

Like destiny, two weeks after their first meeting, it rained again and they met. The rain was a perfect representation of the two of them, individually, but even more suitable for the two of them together.