Chapter 8: Getting It Straight

Ion Sinn's POV

She is my one weakness. I need to make her my strength. I need to know for sure just exactly what she is before I confront Karrack. So I sent her down the hall to wake her parents for a private meeting in their room.

But first I need to check my bank accounts for one with a $25,000.00 purchase that is preferably untraceable to anyone. Going down into my office, I scroll down page after page on my computer, I finally find an entry of 'sale' $25,030 and had the receipt printed up. It was dated a week ago, so it would serve our needs perfectly.

After walking up the grand staircase, I moved quickly down the long white hallway with minicolumns and gold accented mirrors between the suite doors until I found the one with light shining from beneath it. Knocking, I waited for the door to open.

Golden light filtered through as the crack in the four widened and Violet stood before me, this time, wearing a bra. Damn. "Okay, mom and dad are in the small sitting room, filled them in," she explained as she opened the door so I could step inside.

"Good." She led the way to the side room which was decorated in varying shades of rose tones and white. Her father was a tall-looking man, wearing his PJs in a black and dark green plaid. His graying hair was all missed up and he wore black horn-rimmed glasses. Her mother wore her hair in cloth twist ties and wore a brick red patterned robe from neck to toes. Their clothing nearly threadbare, I could see this family had fallen into some really hard times. "Are you going to help us against your own family Mr. Sinn?" The mother paused and blushed. "Forgive me, I am Marie Campanella, and my husband, Gary." Gary reached out and we shook hands.

"I am willing to help, but Violet is going to have the hard part here, is learning to be a sex slave. This means learning how to obey without question." Her mother blushed with embarrassment.

Though her father sat forward with clasped hands he had the grace to cough and straighten his throat, knowing his girl was going to get into a lot of trouble. "I feel this is all my fault, Vi. I tried so hard to keep things together and pay off the debt. I just hope that someday you can forgive me." Violet went to her father and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Pulling back, she kissed him and smiled lovingly, which personally I envied. "It's okay, daddy. I love you."

I coughed and smiled at them all then gazed down at Violet. "Are they aware, Violet? Aware of what I am?" She turned to me and nodded as her mother blew her nose.

"Alright then. Marie, Gary, to protect Violet effectively, I need to know what she really is and her lineage." I asked calmly since I take my responsibilities seriously.

Marie started getting worked up. "Ooh, Violet you told me he has never bitten you! How else could he know you were different?" She frowned deeply at Violet.

"But mom-" Violet started off.

"Don't you 'but mom' me!" Her words becoming more and more shrill.

I leaned forward and said softly. "Through her scent. It's quite unique."

"Oh. I see..." Maria instantly calmed down "I forgot that vampires have that trait too." She fidgeted with her tissue in her lap. "I apologize. To both of you."

Violet moved to her mom and hugged her tightly. "It's alright mom. I love you too.

It was beautiful to see. For a family that barely had a pot to piss in, they were far more wealthy in their love, than I think I had ever known. I wanted to be a part of it, but that may never happen for me now. I care about people, but love them? No. I only can say I love my brothers. No one else.