Chapter 30: Deal Gone Awry

Karrack's POV

Standing in this plain white hallway to wait, was really starting to piss me off. Had there been tile flooring I could count them for something to do at the very least. This was getting ridiculous...

4 hours later...

Finally, the thick white doors open, and I stalk inside of the dark and gloomy room. Ignoring exactly who's office I just barged into. "Damnit, Lucifer. We had a deal!" I growled as I stepped up to the huge ebony desk.

Sitting in his chair with his back toward me, Lucifer chuckled. "Yes, we did. And the moment Ion found a woman that was willing to love the real him, was the moment you failed." Slowly he turned the chair around to face me.

"Wrong. You never specified a time limit on how long I would have to keep lovers away from them. Damnit, I deserve a demon form after all the centuries that I've served you." I placed my balled-up fists on the top of the desk and leaned toward him. No longer caring what be might do.

Sliding the chair back, Lucifer stood up. His black suit reflecting no light at all. He was a handsome angel, I'd give him that, but he didn't intimidate me one bit. Running a hand through his long black slicked hair, he walked around the desk to my side and began to chuckle again as he looked at my face. As he did, I caught the scent of something familiar... "You really do amuse me, Karrack. You've really got a pair of balls on you. You see, you were supposed to kill Violet, like the others. Not fuck her, and get obsessed. Well...fucking her was fine, but not the other. Now, their sister is about to surface, and they will all be stronger since all seven Sins will be topside, and you want me to reward you for that?" His voice was smooth like velvet and sweet as molasses, I was in deep shit.

As I turned to face him, I caught the scent coming from him again, my eyes growing wide. "You went topside and fucked Violet?" The dark burgundy walls around us turned transparent and the flames of hellfire surrounded us,  licking at the clear barrier. Though where we were, we could not feel the heat.

"I had to go topside to fix your fuck up, so yes, I fucked her and fucked her well. Damn, she was a good fuck... And tight... Not that it is any business of yours. Why, are you jealous?" He smiled at me with a twisted interest and a raised brow.

At this point, I couldn't exactly lie to him. "Yes," The word tasted bitter as it rolled off my tongue. Looking at the flaming walls and knew I had to be careful now.

Leaning against the desk, Lucifer crossed his arms and grinned. Oh, fuck! "I think I figured out what it is I will do with you, for fucking up." The pure blackness of his eyes began to show, and I felt ice-cold fingers run down my spine. "You will return topside in your current vampire form so the seven sins can hunt you down. From this point forward, because of your impudent behavior here, you will be banned from all entries into my realm. You, my dear Karrack, are fucked. Leave me." With the wave of his hand, I was on the surface again, staring up at the Sinn Estate.

I ran.

______________________

Ion Sinn's POV

Damn, that son of a bitch! Upon waking we all knew we had been kept asleep for an extended period, all thanks to Lucifer. His residual dark fog leaving our minds, so we could function again.

Slowly we all began to stir, and I got crawled to the nearest chair, to raise myself. The dizziness was intense, but I didn't care. I had to find Violet. A sneaking feeling of what he may have done, made my heart clench and my chest felt heavy.

Staggering toward the living room doors, I clung to the walls as I made it towards the staircase in the main room. Holding tightly to the marble railing, I pulled myself up, step by step. My head was still spinning, but it was slowly beginning to clear.