𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐀; 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

┌──☾❀*̥˚─────❀*̥˚─┐

❝𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗: 𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧❞

└───❀*̥˚─────❀*̥˚☾┘

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘✧ ✦ ✧∘∙⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"Hey! She left again!"

Kyo threw open the sliding doors to the living room, seeing Yuki and Shigure watching television with their own cups lying in front of them. Yuki leaned the weight of his chin onto the palm of his hand, staring absentmindedly at the TV that was playing a generic soap opera, his tea by his side still steaming hot. Shigure was on the other edge of the table with his newspaper, reading the local robberies that had occurred in several areas as Kyo felt his annoyance boil.

"Yep, she said she was going to visit a friend," Shigure replied, taking a sip of his drink while flipping the page of the newspaper.

"Are you incapable of listening when people talk?" Yuki perked up, restraining his eye roll while Kyo looked towards him in annoyance.

"It's her fault for going out! She never does that!"

"Well, this just goes to show how much a part of this household she's become," Shigure looked up at Kyo, his drink still in his hands while the three of them stayed back at the house.

Although they didn't realize it, Tohru had come to the place Hatori instructed her to go as a way to converse with her without the barriers or raising suspicion of others.

Yuki drank from his blue and white cup, watching the ripples form in the drink as Kyo flopped his back onto the floor, looking up at the TV with a bored expression on his face. As he stared at his drink, he ponders about if you were still waiting for the woman on the moon to give you a sign, it's been several days since Tohru's arrival and he admittedly has thought about you less and less with each passing day.

Although you played a significant part in his childhood memories, it was hard to keep to retain those images when you were as far as the moon. He was beginning to wonder if the memories of you were starting to wash away like the ocean currents, the water breaking apart the image of you into smaller grains that slipped past his fingers.

He misses you dearly, but it's starting to become to hope and wish for someone who may have passed for several years already, your figure too distant for even him to find or reach out to. Despite you being from a wealthy family, it made it almost impossible for him to see you if Akito couldn't tell him the location of your slightly far estate. Even if he were able to find your home, it would be too difficult to enter without a special invitation given to all party guests. Yuki sighed underneath his breath at the thought, an action which raised Shigure's eyebrows.

"Are you thinking of a certain someone?" He teased, drinking from his cup as Yuki rolled his eyes.

"I don't think it's part of your concern," Yuki toyed with the edges of his blue sweater, trying to focus on the cheesy soap opera presented on screen. Shigure only snickered behind the newspaper while Kyo only ignored the two, finding the conversation to be uninteresting.

"Yuki-kun, perhaps this year she might even be able to go to our banquet, who knows." Shigure said, watching as Yuki's body flinched as he snapped his head towards him, "Oh? Did that catch your attention?"

"What are you talking about? We're only in early spring, the banquet is almost a full year away." Yuki napped his hand against the table with a frown on his face. It was the beginning of March and the banquet was starting at the end of December, despite the long-distance Shigure seemed insistent on the conversation topic, "are you trying this hard to provoke me?"