𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐀; 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

┌──☾❀*̥˚─────❀*̥˚─┐

❝𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐈'𝐦 𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐘𝐨𝐮❞

└───❀*̥˚─────❀*̥˚☾┘

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘✧ ✦ ✧∘∙⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

You restrained your sigh, only a small sound slipping from between your lips as you stared at your family who gathered around you with plentiful food. On your dish was an arrangement of nicely prepared yet boring food that you found yourself eating every day. Although it was nice to be fed every single day, you yearned for the excitement that has yet to be found within the dull meals that you consumed for your own basic needs.

There wasn't anything special about the food, you thought. It was the same meals you consumed every day, only alternating from one menu to a second but was always prepared by the same group of people. You wondered what it would be like to explore other foods like somen, a food you heard your maids talk about in one of the break rooms. You didn't know exactly what other foods they've eaten but you desperately wanted to break out and finally enjoy a meal that wasn't the same.

You poked at your meal, toying with the edges of the food while your mother sat next to you, scowling at your actions.

"(Y/n), you shouldn't be playing with your food," she said, biting into her own food, "honestly, you've been too wrapped up with the boy you met, he was only a guest after all. He would never be your Hou Yi."

"I. . . I don't want a Hou Yi," you muttered, "I-"

"Nonsense," she gently cradled your chin in her two fingers, pulling your eyes to look towards her, "you're a deity love, you shouldn't be caught up in the world of normality when you're different. You can't be fooling around with other people when you're destined for. . . That life."

That life.

One destined for eternal loneliness upon the moon as you cry for the death of someone you can't move on from. You winced slightly at the thought, the fear of it coming true to your life sending you shivers down your spine as you placed your chopstick down.

". . . I just can't help but think that I want to live like. . . Other girls?" You asked, "to go outside and maybe. . . Go to a public school?", you watched as your mother set down her pair of chopsticks while your family continued to eat their meal. Although her voice was soft-spoken, her anger was shown through her eyes. You fumbled with your clothes from underneath the table, feeling foolish for asking her a question.

"Why would you ever want that? You're living a life of luxury." She wiped at the corners of her lips as she silently glared at you, "you don't need to meddle with other boys, you have everything you ever need here."

'Need but. . . I can't help but want more outside here.' You thought. You didn't know if it was a selfish thought to think about a world without all of these lavish gifts and family, you always thought that it might be. . . Better to have a change of pace? To have a life full of freedom where you could eat any food you want or as much as you want, or even try cooking your own meals. You wanted to go swimming or have what people call. . . Playful fighting? Something along those lines.

"You must remember that you can't associate yourself with other people, you're different love."

Although the nickname was supposed to comfort you, you found yourself feeling even more outcasted by the rest of the community. You didn't want to be different per se, rather, you wanted to feel normal. . . Perhaps even human?