𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐀; 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

┌──☾❀*̥˚─────❀*̥˚─┐

❝𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲❞

└───❀*̥˚─────❀*̥˚☾┘

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘✧ ✦ ✧∘∙⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

He sat up on the roof of his mansion, in his lips was a stick of pocky, the chocolate biscuit giving him a bittersweet taste as he stared up at the stars. They twinkled gently, the brightness of the moon shining down on his pale skin as he stared up in disinterest.

His family had told him many tales of the woman on the moon, her selfishness plaguing her future as she floated high to the grey ball with only her rabbit by her side. She is said to be still weeping over the death of her precious Hou Yi. He always wondered if the legend was true as everyone says. He nibbled on the edge of the biscuit, the coldness of the airbrushing against his bruised cheek.

There were rumors from other wealthy families getting their blessings from the (L/n) family, their daughter being their most prized child who excelled in all subjects. It gave him a bitter feeling in his stomach, your success loomed over him like the moon, the light outshining his in ways he could ever dream of. You must have been some sort of big-shot woman, he thought, you could be just another snotty maiden from his house who only cares about herself, that is what happened in his family's version of the legend after all.

The woman swallowed two immortality pills and left her husband behind to be a deity, hearing about the story made him want to gag on the inside. She had abandoned her humanity for the sake of immortality, being alone was simply the price she had to pay for her ignorance.

To him, you were a foolish woman who disregarded others for the sake of her own happiness. He pressed his lips together in a frown, snapping the biscuit in half as she continued to chew on the broken piece.

You must have been your parent's most perfect child, good looks were just the icing on top when you could play the traditional guzheng extremely well. His family would come over to your house for the Mid-Autumn Festival, oftentimes without him due to his brash nature which led to his parents being ashamed of him. They cooed and admired your performances to the point of talking about it even on the way home, they were mesmerized by your beauty and your singing which made them even more envious of your parents. His parents constantly compared you to him that he was starting to despise your existence without even meeting you at all.

Compared to him, you were like the moon and he was just the tiniest star destined to die soon. You were the most beautiful girl within the community of wealthy owners, the talk of the town, everyone was simply talking about you to no end. Of course, someone would be impressed by a guzheng playing, most people wouldn't even consider picking it up as they thought that the instrument would be too hard to play. He was just a simple guitar player, a tiny grain of sand within an industry full of experienced people much more talented than he would ever be.

He has tried getting into traditional instruments like his father wanted but it never seemed to work out in the end. The sounds of him plucking the strings were harsh on his ears and he didn't like the sound that he made whatsoever. He only played for a few years until quitting everything entirely, school and work, practices for sports, and even at home, he would give up at the slightest of chores.

He wasn't really considered royalty per se, not on your level at least but his family was wealthy due to them having a lot of old money and land that belonged to them in the countryside. His older brother moved out years ago to pursue a career as a medical doctor while he stayed at home, doing nothing about pouting and throwing tantrums which frustrated the majority of the household.