𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐀; 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

┌──☾❀*̥˚─────❀*̥˚─┐

❝𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎: 𝐓𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞❞

└───❀*̥˚─────❀*̥˚☾┘

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘✧ ✦ ✧∘∙⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

You slowly walked through the halls, staring out to the space of the garden to see small herds of rabbits stuck together, their soft faces rubbing against each other affectionally as you slid your hands across the railings. Kamei stood by your side with her personal and gift bags, smiling at you when you stopped in your tracks to admire your garden.

It was a shame that your schedule made it hard to visit the animals but you were glad that the ones taking care of them are doing a good job. They seemed to be well-fed and taken care of daily, relieving your heart of any doubt and worry that may have washed over you. Although you weren't allowed to be in the garden during your studies, your family made it another object of pride: their courtyard of rabbits.

It is said after all that the woman on the moon had her own Jade rabbit to keep her company, your family merely wanted to replicate it's worth through a variety of high-quality, well-groomed snow-white rabbits.

As you stared at them, counting their small heads, you've come to realize that one of them is missing. You swore that the other week there were around twenty-five, but it looks as if there was only twenty-four, were you simply counting wrong? You narrowed your eyes, your hands gripping the edges of the railings as you leaned over to recount the numbers.

This is strange, there certainly seems to be a missing rabbit but it doesn't look like it was anywhere in the estate. It would have been impossible for you to have missed one considering your maids patrolled the estate daily, marking every room and reporting each news to you. It was odd to hear that none of them had noticed.

"Is something wrong Lady (Y/n)?" Kamei asked, turning to face you as you pressed your lips into a frown.

You parted your lips for a response, "it seems like one of the rabbits have gone missing. Why is it that I haven't heard anything?"

"Hm. . . It doesn't seem like anything is wrong, no one has sent a report to you as of now. Perhaps you were miscounting Lady (Y/n)?" Kamei smiled at you, guiding you down the halls with her bags close to her chest, "why don't I show you how to tie ribbons today? Many girls are wearing them in their hair, it's considered fashionable now."

You turned your head away from the garden and nodded, "sure."

Kamei gave the garden one last look before leaving to meet at your side, the smile that still presents on her lips made you feel as if she was hiding something from you. She seems all too happy lately and it makes you wonder if her fiance gave her something to look forward to. It must have been nice to have someone to be there physically to motivate you. You decide to shrug her behavior off, you assume that perhaps it's not worth looking over. There isn't much of a reason to say that Kamei was a suspicious person since she has remained by your side throughout the week. . . it must just be your imagination then.

You should ask her later to check on the rabbits before you end the day.

"Lady (Y/n), did you know there are different ways of knotting a ribbon?" Kamei asked, her smile seemingly growing slightly as the two of you finally arrived back to your room, "many fishermen from the riverside tie their boats using special knots, they're said to be extremely strong."