𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐀; 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

┌──☾❀*̥˚─────❀*̥˚─┐

❝𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐲❞

└───❀*̥˚─────❀*̥˚☾┘

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘✧ ✦ ✧∘∙⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Kamei watched as you practiced your guzheng at the center of your room, you played with your eyes shut to concentrate on the strings you were plucking in order to create sound. She was quietly stacking and organizing the numerous amounts of gifts you've received from other families as blessings, most of them were jewelry made of jade or clothing. She wondered if you ever looked into the boxes filled with gifts, it never seemed as if you acknowledged them since you rarely ever wore the jewelry given to you.

Kamei held up a moon-carved jade necklace, the green hues glimmering slightly in your dim room. She looked up at you, seeing that you were bare of any sort of jewelry and hardly wore any sort of accessories. She didn't know if she would count your rabbit doll as an accessory, but it was still something you carried around with you.

Underneath the thick layers of clothing, you were a fragile girl on the brim of breaking, the expectations which weighed heavier than your heartbreak beginning to shake you to the very core. Your lips were constantly pressed together in a frown, your unhappiness showing clear as day when you were away from family meetings. Kamei laid the necklace back into your jewelry box that was nearly full, picking up another article of clothing to fold while you ignored the outside world.

She turned to look at your window that was sealed shut, the locks were heavy and some of the edges were beginning to chip. She heard that your mother is the only one with the key to the window, once a week she gives it to one of the cleaning maids for them to clean your mirror. Kamei gripped the edges of your clothes, turning back and forth as she thought to herself.

There has to be a better way, she thought. As much as she would love for you to leave the estate, there wouldn't be anyone left to take care of you. Her sister's apartment was already quite small for the amount she made, it didn't seem as if you had anyone outside of the house walls either. Kamei continued to silently fold and package your clothes back into the boxes neatly, seeing the wrinkles in your divine scarves and patting them out.

She looked to you for a split second before holding onto one of the (f/c) scarves, pulling on opposite ends to see that the material was quite durable despite its fragile appearance. The fabric was holding together quite tightly and she expects that it should be barely enough to hold a person off of the edge. She pressed her lips together before tucking it into one of the boxes in the corners, saving the information for a later date until she makes a decision.

Before Kamei turned away from you to leave for her other duties, she heard your voice call out to her.

"Is there something wrong?" You asked, the sound of the plucking of the strings coming to a halt as you peered up at her, "you've been staring at me for quite some time."

Kamei felt her cheeks become a red color as she stuttered, waving her hands around, "n-no not at all Lady (Y/n)!"

You stared at her with a blank look before continuing to practice, the same familiar distant look present on your face as Kamei watched you.

She doesn't understand you at all.

Some people may say that you were lucky to live in this luxurious home filled with food and musical instruments, every class is at your fingertips while you were fed daily with clean clothes. You had maids beckoning to your calls while you hardly had to lift a single finger to chores.