𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐀; 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

┌──☾❀*̥˚─────❀*̥˚─┐

❝𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐀 𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞❞

└───❀*̥˚─────❀*̥˚☾┘

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘✧ ✦ ✧∘∙⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Your eyes dully scanned your surroundings while your fingers plucked at the strings of the instrument. Your ears picked up the sound of footsteps as your maids slid the door open, staring at your form before leaving to check on other places of the house.

You wondered how long you had to live in this house, constantly being watched over. From your weight to the food you consumed, the daily exercises and practice were all regulated carefully under the watchful eyes of the women of the house. You pressed your lips together at the same time you plucked the string, the sound echoing in your slightly dim room.

You've heard from your mother that the life of a woman was the one you lived, quiet and beautiful. One that was filled to the brim with solemn expressions and scared glances. You needed to hold onto the expectations of a feminine woman through musical practice and extravagant parties with people you've never met in your life, but they stare at you in awe and admiration at the skills you've spent years polishing.

You could hear the whispering of the men in the house, talking about future business plans and meetings that were arranged for you. Your father had never once looked at you, fearing that your presence may cause him to spoil you, one of the crimes that were forbidden within your estate.

You were to never be fed more than you needed, meals should always be regulated for the sake of your weight and health. They wanted to minimize the contact you made with other young men from the outside world, fearing that you may tempt them with your alluring beauty. To them, you were an object of worship rather than a human you were born as.

You were a deity, a reincarnated one at that.

You held no actual power but you had what your family described as an angelic appearance which the Goddess of the Moon had blessed you with. You never thought that you would be her successor. You always found yourself treating her as if she was a separate entity from your soul, you were a translator to her cries, not her reincarnation. However, this inner voice that held your sorrow and misery was like a drop of rain within a storm, it something that was easily dismissed.

Your tunes slowly faded into nothingness as you stared up from your lap to see the familiar boy, the colors of the moon painting his hair and eyes as he slowly came up to you. Your childish (e/c) eyes looked up to him in surprise as he offered you the wrapped gift, the item was still slightly warm from the heat that his hands emitted.

You missed the boy who offered you his gratitude and interest in you.

A tear began to drop from your face and slide across the strings as you hung your head low. The music from your guzheng coming to a slow stop as you restrained your sobs.

You desperately wanted to rid yourself of the chains that held you accountable for the moon. 

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘✧ ✦ ✧∘∙⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Yuki stared downwards at the address Tohru slid over on the table. He pressed his lips together in a frown as his eyes trailed over to Kyo's figure, he was leaning against the wooden pillar while staying silent. Neither of them really wanted Tohru to leave the house, but they didn't want to admit that fact otherwise it would be too embarrassing.