𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐀 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐫

┌──☾❀*̥˚─────❀*̥˚─┐

❝𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞: 𝐈 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐨 𝐒𝐞𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮❞

└───❀*̥˚─────❀*̥˚☾┘

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘✧ ✦ ✧∘∙⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

𝐈 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐧.

You felt your hair be pulled in multiple directions as your maids tucked each strand in each crevice. Their hands roaming your body as they wrapped the fabric of clothes on top of your (s/c) skin, the feeling of a light-colored scarf draped over your shoulders as they handed you a traditional fan. The women of the family gathered around you to dress your face in various makeup, the red hues brushing against the edges of your eyes as you watched your naturally rosy lips become an apple shade. Your reflection in the golden mirror showing the inner goddess that lived within you.

They slowly ushered you around the house, your socks sliding against the wooden floors as they placed you in the center of the main room, a specially carved guzheng instrument resting at the core. There was no roof to the room, it was an open area filled with small tables as the moon floated above in the night sky. Your gentle, soft (s/c) fingers brushed against the strings while other members of families and friends circled you. Children of various hair colors and eyes looked to you in awe underneath the shining moonlight cast upon your body.

The hand-painted, white flowers decorated the edges of the instrument, the intricate wood carvings dipped underneath your touch as your maids brought your ivory fingerpicks to wrap around your fingers. One of the women whispered in your ear before scurrying off of the platform, not before bowing in your divine presence. You merely looked away from her to focus on your tasks. Your red-painted lips frowned slightly as you scanned the crowd, your (e/c) eyes making contact with a young boy your age.

His hair was as light and grey as the shining moon that illuminated your figure. He had beautiful grey-blue eyes as deep as the crevices of the moon as he stared at you in admiration, the short-haired girl next to him scowling at your appearance. You watched as your family members lit the warm lanterns, the whispers of them calling out to you like the voice on the moon.

You parted your lips, your hands gliding across the strings elegantly as the voice which resided in the moon resonated within the crowd. You sang the words which held the spirit of love and betrayal, your gentle chords tugging at the strings within the families' hearts, their eyes staring at you, mesmerized by your presence. You never once wrote down any of the sounds you heard as you were merely the translator for the woman who lived alone on the grey, shining orb.

It was a beautiful tragedy laced within your voice, the sounds of her cries flowing through the words like a gentle stream.

You wondered if the woman on the moon could see you now, performing the song that she sang a thousand times alone, now having an audience and an outlet to share her pain of loneliness. The moon's light shined across your (s/c) skin like a thin veil that shielded your appearance from the rest of the crowd, the stars above you twinkling like the tears that had fallen from the woman's cheeks and into the sky, never reaching the man she had left behind.

Your fingers slowly came to a stop, your eyes peering upwards at the crowd who clapped in amazement of your talents. Your maids quickly gathered to your side to move your instrument, replacing it with a hand-carved, ornate table that could only be used by you. Families began to gather around, offering you gifts of the goddess's favorite food before leaving to their assigned tables. Your eyes met with the same boy who gave you a nervous smile before running back to his parents.

Your eyes stared at them blankly as you were quickly swept away by the crowd of offerings, unable to see him from within the flock of people.

𝐇𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞.

The young boy watched as his parents became immersed in their conversation with the people with (h/c) hair, his interests being drawn somewhere else as he walked around the halls of the estate, searching for the girl he saw on stage. In this hands was a wrapped mooncake, the golden brown colors of the intricately pressed dessert hidden beneath the cloth that was his light blue handkerchief.

She had not eaten once throughout the day, he had noticed that very easily through her eyes. He searched through the open doors of the house until he reached the garden, the sounds of chirping birds and humming filling the air. He turned his head to see your small figure leaning against the tree, your lap surrounded by an array of white rabbits who nibbled at the edges of your clothes. Your hands brushed against their ears softly as you hummed the song the goddess sang, giving the animals their own personal show for the autumn season.

Your tunes slowly faded into nothingness as you stared up from your lap to see the familiar boy, the colors of the moon painting his hair and eyes as he slowly came up to you. Your childish (e/c) eyes looked up to him in surprise as he offered you the wrapped gift, the item was still slightly warm from the heat that his hands emitted.

"My name is Sohma Yuki, your singing is very beautiful!" He smiled at you, the corners slightly quivering from nervousness yet endearing, "I wanted to give you this since you looked like you didn't eat."

Your lips curved into a small smile as you took his offer with both your hands, the herd of rabbits surrounding the two of you as they brushed against his ankles. You brushed the loose strands from your hair back behind your ear as you took small bites out of the mooncake, the sweet flavor of the filling coating your tongue as you felt your stomach finally become silent.

You gave him another smile and whispered a small thanks to his ear, his cheeks becoming a soft shade of red as he looked at you in surprise. One of the white rabbits tugged at the end of your clothes, your body kneeling to hold the smaller animal into your arms, holding it up as it leaned towards Yuki.

The soft nose and cheeks kissed the edges of his chin as he giggled. You pushed the rabbit closer towards him, quietly guiding him to hold onto the gentle ball. His face filled with light and happiness as his fingers scratched behind the ears of the rabbit, the fur being soft to the touch as you basked in the light that had been conceived underneath the moonlight.

𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧.

The moment of silent understanding was cut short as the women of your family gathered to your side quickly, their hands reaching out to grab onto your wrist as they pulled you away. You neatly tucked his light blue handkerchief into the inside of your clothes to conceal your former meal from your family. He watched as you began to drift farther away from him.

"U-Um! Your name!" He reached out to you as you were tugged away by the maids of the family.

Although you were separated by ranks, you found yourself become enamored by the boy you met.

You smiled at him, "my name. . . My name is (L/n) (Y/n)."

"W-Will we meet again?" He called out, holding onto your rabbit tightly to his chest.

You smiled and pointed to the glowing moon, the bright colors brushing against your skin to emphasize your heavenly presence, "the woman on the moon will bring us together."

His eyes filled with hope as he waved to you, his family gathering on the other side of the house as they ran towards him. The girl with short hair gave your back a cold stare while the boy smiled downwards, petting the white animal in his arms.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘✧ ✦ ✧∘∙⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅