Chapter 4

Rewritten

"Did something happen?" Their mother asked as Klaus held an umbrella with a pink rim over his head.

Rain traveled down from the sky to the soil of Earth with no mercy. The temperature went down and everyone but Diego and Luther had umbrellas sheltering them from the tears of the sky. The rain made gravity seem like a gentle song that the Earth had composed. Rain was humble, oblivious to the life that it gave. Besides, without rain, how else could we have green grass? How would we get water to live? It could paint a completely unique picture of Earth's masterpiece which was life.

"Dad died. Remember?" Allison asked.

"Oh, yes. Of course," She replied.

"Mom, are you okay?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah, yeah. She's fine," Diego reassured. "She just needs to rest. You know, recharge."

"Whenever you're ready, dear boy," Pogo said before Luther dumped the ashes into a pathetic pile on the floor.

"Probably would have been better with some wind," Luther said as Y/n held back a snicker.

"I mean, he will not criticize us from the underworld for this," Y/n commented as Klaus and Allison snickered.

"Does anyone wish to speak?" Pogo asked as everyone remained silent.

What were they supposed to say? 'I thank you for ruining my childhood and scarring me forever?'

"Very well," Pogo says. "In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall forever be in his debt. He was my master... and my friend, and I shall miss him very much. He leaves behind a complicated legacy—"

"He was a monster," Diego commented as Klaus laughed.

"Shit's about to go down," Y/n guessed.

"It's about to go way down," Klaus replies.

"He was a bad person and a worse father. The world's better off without him," Diego continues.

"Diego!" Allison says.

"My name is Number Two. You know why?" Diego rhetorically asks. "Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had Mom do it."

"Would anyone like something to eat?" Their mother asked.

"No, it's okay, Mom," Vanya replied.

"Oh, okay."

"Look, you wanna pay your respects? Go ahead. But at least be honest about the kind of man he was."

"You should stop talking now," Luther advised.

"Diego, please," Y/n begged him, gently grabbing his arm. "Can you go one day of seeing Luther without starting a fight?"

"You know, you of all people should be on my side, here, Number One," Diego said, looking at Luther.

"I am warning you," Luther says.

"After everything he did to you?" Diego asks. "He had to ship you a million miles away."

"Diego, stop talking."

"That's how much he couldn't stand the sight of you!" Diego sneered as Luther swings a punch at him that hit Y/n on the cheek.

"Boys, stop this at once," Pogo said as the two immature boys ignored him, not even realizing that they had just hurt Y/n.

"Come on, big boy," Diego taunted as he got ready for round two of the fight.

Luther swung his fist at Diego as he barely dodged it. He quickly moved, punching his brother in the back with barely any effect. While they continue fighting, Five holds onto Y/n, finger gently brushing over the bruise as she hissed from the touch, gripping his arm tighter.