Chapter 29

Important note at the end , please read it

"Cha-Cha, I know this will be hard you for to understand, but I want out. I'm done," Hazel tells Cha-Cha. "I quit. We've worked together for a long, long time. We're goos at what we do. We can kill anyone. But when I got the order to kill you, I knew I couldn't do this anymore. I'd appreciate it if you would accept my wishes, and... we could go our own separate ways."

Cha-Cha grunts softly when Hazel takes the tape off her mouth.

"Aren't you gonna say anything?" Hazel asks.

"This world is ending, and here you are, only thinking about getting your dick wet," Cha-Cha spits.

Hazel sighs. "Man."

"What? You think I ain't know about you and your dried-up doughnut whore?"

"Hold on. Hold on. This isn't... I'm... I'm in love. Okay? And I have no intention of letting it go," Hazel says. "You know what? I don't need to justify my choices to you. This is my life, not yours."

"You won't have a life in three days, shitheel," Cha-Cha says. "You and your whore will be dead, just like everyone else. So be sensible here. We have a great job. The best job. We get to visit exotic places, meet new people, and then kill them. We got it made, asshole. You just need to wake up and smell the coffee. We're gonna find the briefcase, get it back to Commission, and then go back to the way things were, okay?"

"I don't wanna go back to the way things were," Hazel admits.

"Three days left."

"Well, I'd rather have three days left with her than three thousand with you, you coldhearted bitch."

"Okay, then, shoot me!" Cha-Cha challenges.

"What?"

"Shoot me, Cha-Cha says. "Because if you leave this room and I'm still alive, I'm coming after you and your ugly slut. And when I find you, there'll be no speeches. No last words. I'm just gonna kill you. But first, I'm gonna kill her, in front of you, real slow. So you can feel every ounce of her pain."

Hazel's gun trembles as he can't bring himself to shoot even though he's already pulled the trigger.

"Do it!" Cha-Cha challenges.

Hazel lets out a deep breath. "So long, partner," He says, beginning to leave the room.

"Hazel. Hazel, where the hell do you think you're going? Hazel, get back here! Get back here! I know how to find you! You're dead. Dead! You and your ugly whore, you're dead! You're dead, Hazel! Dead!"

Hazel exits the room, sobbing before entering the car.

Timeskip

The two sisters drove off into the night till morning. While Allison drove, Y/n read entries in her father's journal. She hated how her father only wrote 'the subject' or 'Number Eight' to represent her in said entries. It was as if he thought she didn't have a life. That she didn't feel things.

Every single page was just about the same, with notes on her training and her development with her powers until one page.

The subject and Number Five seem to share a strange connection. Starting with identical brain activities, strange as an individual's brain activity is special to that individual alone. Second, Number Five and the subject seem to be connected in Number Eight being able to, unintentionally, mimic Number Five's appearance—blond hair turning brown and green eyes turning blue. They also seem to be able to feel when the other is in pain, starting with Five getting pinched on the arm and Number Eight feeling the same pain at the same area.