Chapter 14

Rewind

"Coming through! Come on, Luther!" Younger Allison exclaims as they scramble to prepare for a mission.

"How will the Umbrella Academy ever become an effective crime deterrent if we can't even leave the house on time for missions?" Their father asks, marching down the corridor.

"Behind you," Luther says.

"Come along, children! Come along!"

"I can't find my domino mask!" Allison pants.

"It needed a bit of TLC after the last mission," Their mother says, giving her the mask.

"Thanks, Mom."

"Ready to go?" Their mother asks Luther.

"Yeah," Luther replies, doing pushups while waiting.

"Where's my knives?" Diego asks.

"Y/n, have you seen my mask?" Five asks as he looked around his room.

"You left it in my room after the last mission. Best not let Dad know," She says before placing it on his face.

"Thanks," He says, quickly peeking out the door before pecking her cheek.

He spatial jumps away before returning to his room again.

"Almost forgot," He seems to say in a teasing tone.

"What?" Y/n chuckles, trying not to show that their close distance was leaving her flustered.

"This," Five says before kissing her deeply.

She blushes before deciding to live in the moment and holds onto his neck. Her eyes flickered open the moment she heard her father walking down the hallway. She nuzzles him, clearing her throat when Reginald examines them from Five's doorway.

"Sounds beautiful, Vanya," Their mother compliments as Vanya stops playing.

"Thanks, Mom," She replies.

Their mother peeps into Klaus's room. He was jumping on his bed with a small fire in his cabinet.

"Oh! Klaus!" She exclaims as she puts out the fire with a small wet blanket.

"Thank you, Mother," Klaus says as she steps out of the room.

"Boys will be boys," She reminds herself. "Oh, Ben."

"It… It's stuck," He says before she helps him get the zipper all the way up before he runs to catch up with the other. "Guys, wait for me."

"Don't mm… mm… mm," Diego stutters. "Don't muh… muh…"

"Remember, Diego, just picture the word in your mind," Their mother encourages.

"D-Don't mm… muh… D-Don't mmm… Don't mo-move."

Their mother gasps happily. "You did it! I'm so proud of you!" She says before Reginald interrupts their moment.

Timeskip

"Mom, we need to talk," Diego says.

"Okay, but only for a minute. I need to finish this cross-stitch," She responds.

"Everything you did for us when we were kids… for me… why'd you do it?"

"Because being your mother is the greatest gift of my life."

"Is that you saying that?"

"I'm not sure what you mean, Diego."

"I mean, our father, he… made you. When you think something, is it like he's telling you what to say?"