Chapter 25

"I'm sorry," Allison says. "Am I the only one that's skeptical here? I mean, how exactly do you know all this about what's his name?"

"Harold Jenkins. You know those lunatics in the masks who attacked the house?"

"Oh, yeah, I think I remember those guys," Klaus responds.

"Yeah, the ones that attacked us while you were getting drunk," Diego adds.

"Yeah, them. They were sent from the Temps Commission to stop me from coming back and preventing the end of all life on earth."

"The Temps what?" Allison asks.

"Out former employer," Y/n replies. "She's a little weird."

"They monitor all of time and space to make sure that whatever is supposed to happen... happens. They believe the apocalypse is coming in three days. So we went to Commission headquarters and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics. 'Protect Harold Jenkins,'" Five says.

"Thus, he must somehow be able responsible for the apocalypse."

"What do you mean, protect time and space?" Allison asks.

"Where is this Hazel?" Diego asks.

"My skin is on fire," Klaus groans.

"Do you have any idea how insane this sounds?" Allison asks.

"You know what else is insane? Y/n and I look like 13-year-olds. Klaus talks to the dead, and Luther thinks he's fooling everybody with that overcoat," Five snapped. "Everything about us is insane. It always has been."

"He's got a point there," Klaus comments.

"We didn't choose this life, we're just living it. For the next three days, anyway."

"But the last time we tried to stop it, we all died," Allison says. "Why is this time any different? Why shouldn't I go home to my daughter?"

"Because this time, Y/n and I are here. We have the name of the man responsible. Guys, we actually have the chance of saving the lives of billions of people. Including Claire."

"You know her name?"

"I do, and I'd like to live long enough to meet her."

"All right," Allison says. "Let's get this bastard."

"You had me at Gerald Jenkins," Diego says.

"It's 'Harold Jenkins,'" Y/n corrects.

"Whatever," Diego dismisses. "I've already lost two people this week, I'm not losing anyone else."

"Luther. What's it for you?"

"Yeah, you guys go. I'm gonna stay behind and go through Dad's files. I still think this has something to do with why he sent me to the moon."

"Seriously?" Diego asks. "Now you wanna make the end of the world about you and Dad?"

"No," Luther says. "'Watch for threats.' That's what he told me. You think that's a coincidence? This all has to be connected somehow."

"No, we should all stick together," Allison says

"We don't have time for this," Five reminds.

"Let's roll," Diego says. "I know where we can find this asshole. Klaus, you're with me."

"Yeah, I... I'm good," The man replies. "I think I'll, uh... I think I'll pass, I'm feeling a little under the weather, so, uh..." He groans as Diego, Five and Y/n leave the room with him.